Rodwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly wouldn't.

Arteta is one of the best centre midfielders in the Premier League and he's our only midfielder who can consistently keep the ball.:dodgy:

We need to add players onto players like Arteta, that's the way forward in my opinion. It would also show a lack of ambition, selling one of your better players.

I'm pretty sure new signings look at players like Arteta, Yakubu, Jagielka and Cahill and think 'yes, I'd love to play alongside them'. I know Saha said that lately.

Obviously if City paid something ridiculous then you'd have to look at it.

Can someone answer me one question please.

Why has everyone who has replied to the "Id sell Arteta"comment looked at the last 3 words? Read the whole sentence. Stop trying to look for a reason to all have a go at me. There isn't a reason there.

I said IF Man City (as reported) are willing to break the bank, then I would sell him. I think it is you people who need to take off your blue tinted specs if you don't think there is a better player out there than Arteta.

People on here don't seem to be able to handle other peoples opinions. It's a forum, deal with it.

Easy tiger, you gave your view and we gave ours. Thats what happens on a forum, no need to get your knickers in a twist.

For me Arteta is priceless, you think different, thats fine, im not gonna agree with you simply to make you happy.

And for your information, as reported, Man City are willing to pay £12m each for Arteta and Lescott. I think you would agree they are worth 5 times that.

I certainly wouldn't.

Arteta is one of the best centre midfielders in the Premier League and he's our only midfielder who can consistently keep the ball.:dodgy:

We need to add players onto players like Arteta, that's the way forward in my opinion. It would also show a lack of ambition, selling one of your better players.

I'm pretty sure new signings look at players like Arteta, Yakubu, Jagielka and Cahill and think 'yes, I'd love to play alongside them'. I know Saha said that lately.

Obviously if City paid something ridiculous then you'd have to look at it.

I agree with all of the above. Im not saying he isn't - but there is better out there without an absolute doubt.

And the bold point, I agree with that. "Man City have been said to want to break the bank on Arteta". That is a bit more than £12m id imagine.

Artetas class and i wouldnt sell him for £40 million, never mind the rumoured £20 million.

He loves the club and we love him. Buying a player of 'better quality' would be a massive risk - as he may be a **** - and disrupt the team, nad he may just be a huge gamble - that may not pay off. Then Everton would be ****ed.

NEVER sell Arteta. This is repeated for the likes of Cahill, Jagielka, Pienaar and Howard.

Can someone answer me one question please.

Why has everyone who has replied to the "Id sell Arteta"comment looked at the last 3 words? Read the whole sentence. Stop trying to look for a reason to all have a go at me. There isn't a reason there.

I said IF Man City (as reported) are willing to break the bank, then I would sell him. I think it is you people who need to take off your blue tinted specs if you don't think there is a better player out there than Arteta.

People on here don't seem to be able to handle other peoples opinions. It's a forum, deal with it.

Azz, you're right. If anyone offers silly money, we're a selling club. It's the way football is usually conducted. Buy 'em low, sell 'em high is generally seen as desirable rather than negative.

I agree with all of the above. Im not saying he isn't - but there is better out there without an absolute doubt.

And the bold point, I agree with that. "Man City have been said to want to break the bank on Arteta". That is a bit more than £12m id imagine.

I honestly don't think there are alot of better options out there than Arteta, especially not for a club like Everton.

We could go in for alot of players (if we had money) but that doesn't mean we'll get them, if they are that good we'll more than likely be outbid by a Champions League team.

Obviously there are players like Joao Moutinho but for alot of people (in my opinion) it's a case of the grass is always greener on the other side. There's no doubting the lad is talented but he's very much an unproven player playing in an inferiour League to Mikel.

Arteta is proven quality and he loves the club and I'd love to see us build a side around him. But I can see where your coming from and I respect your post, you've always got to keep your options open in football.

I really hope that toccy didnt just call My Mout inferior.

And in order for City to "break the bank", they would have to bid the £60billion they are meant to be worth, for that price I would think about it.

I'd sell Arteta for £20m in a flash. Because Arteta is 27 years old and Moutinho is 22. We're going to have to replace him someday and how the hell are we going to find another player of his class when we're completely skint? No, if City offered £20m, I would sell and buy a classy young replacement, ensuring our future.

You never know these days. Some players are past it by 29, others last till 35. But what matters is, the value of the player starts going down at this age. Meaning at 31 we won't be able to get big money for Arteta, so we wouldn't be able to sign a top-class young replacement.

I'd sell Arteta for £20m in a flash. Because Arteta is 27 years old and Moutinho is 22. We're going to have to replace him someday and how the hell are we going to find another player of his class when we're completely skint? No, if City offered £20m, I would sell and buy a classy young replacement, ensuring our future.

OK so sell Arteta - a guy who has been at the club for a while, who was arguably in his best form before he got injured.

To buy a player - and make £5 million profit - a player who looks weaker, and who ISNT proven in the premiership? Seems abit of a gamble - just because he is younger.

OK so sell Arteta - a guy who has been at the club for a while, who was arguably in his best form before he got injured.

To buy a player - and make £5 million profit - a player who looks weaker, and who ISNT proven in the premiership? Seems abit of a gamble - just because he is younger.
This "proven in a premiership" thing is a joke. Moutinho is a class young player who would have plenty of time to adapt. I'd rather get a young classy replacement in than lose Arteta 3 years from now and have no one who can replace him. Because we would have nothing left when he's gone.

This "proven in a premiership" thing is a joke. Moutinho is a class young player who would have plenty of time to adapt. I'd rather get a young classy replacement in than lose Arteta 3 years from now and have no one who can replace him. Because we would have nothing left when he's gone.

Hmmm, but while he is adapting, we are left without a playmaker. Brilliant.

Hmmm, but while he is adapting, we are left without a playmaker. Brilliant.
Yeah, because it would be better to lose Arteta in a few years and then be left with no playmaker period, right? Who are you to say that Moutinho wouldn't come in and take only a few months to adapt? How long did it take Pienaar? How long did it take Arteta? The whole "not proven in the premiership" argument is clutching at straws. Moutinho is a class player and Portugal international. He isn't suddenly going to turn into [Poor language removed].

We paid £2.5m. His value has been paid, we dont need to "cash in" on him.

As ive already stated, hes our heart and soul, selling him is not an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back