Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wished he had stayed abit longer being a 'big blue' and all and not leave at the earliest opportunity!

Everton needed the money mate. My Grandad knows certain members of the Rooney family. Lets just say Rooney chose united for his career when Newcastle offered more money. To put it nicely, Everton didn't turn down Newcastle's offer either, I think Everton would rather Rooney chose Newcastle.

No, because he isn't. He really isn't. He's playing for us, so he's at our level until proven otherwise.

Otherwise there'd be no such thing as flop signings.

Thing is, that is putting him in the same league so to speak as valnecia and kone, which is a wildly generalisation to make.

Plus there is such thing as a flop signing because they never get a game, for example naisse.

It is just burying heads in sands to not admit that he is too good fore the club. Especially when (i believe) he will go off and play at the highest level and always be 'remember when lukaku played for us'. Be a day where so many people will regret not backing him as much now.

I just wished he had stayed abit longer being a 'big blue' and all and not leave at the earliest opportunity!

For the sake of his career why not? Let's be honest, with a championship manager and a record points low that season, who genuinely didn't think we were in real danger of finally going down? thinking back, the only thing that kept us up that season was how bad the bottom 3 were!

but to the point, rooney essentially swapped potentially going down to walk into the champions league. How can you realistically hold that against him?

Thing is, that is putting him in the same league so to speak as valnecia and kone, which is a wildly generalisation to make.

Plus there is such thing as a flop signing because they never get a game, for example naisse.

It is just burying heads in sands to not admit that he is too good fore the club. Especially when (i believe) he will go off and play at the highest level and always be 'remember when lukaku played for us'. Be a day where so many people will regret not backing him as much now.

For the sake of his career why not? Let's be honest, with a championship manager and a record points low that season, who genuinely didn't think we were in real danger of finally going down? thinking back, the only thing that kept us up that season was how bad the bottom 3 were!

but to the point, rooney essentially swapped potentially going down to walk into the champions league. How can you realistically hold that against him?

And the next year we came fourth....

Maybe Rooney was the problem....

Everton needed the money mate. My Grandad knows certain members of the Rooney family. Lets just say Rooney chose united for his career when Newcastle offered more money. To put it nicely, Everton didn't turn down Newcastle's offer either, I think Everton would rather Rooney chose Newcastle.

Am really hoping that is not true surely are club couldn't have done that and Gambled with its future, wouldn't put it past this club though and that would be truly the nail in the coffin

No, because he isn't. He really isn't. He's playing for us, so he's at our level until proven otherwise.

Otherwise there'd be no such thing as flop signings.

No. I don't think he's good enough and genuinely want him shipped out and replaced at the earliest opportunity. And I mean that.

See this what i mean. At some point in the future, whether it is 1 year or 5 years, there will be a point where we have some crap striker up front (based on recent history) he is off winning things and people will look back and feel silly criticising him so much now.

More so for the fact they conveniently forget how bad the rest of the team is at times. you want rid of Lukaku mate? You get valencia/niasse/kone quality signings in return. would you be happy with that?

And the next year we came fourth....

Maybe Rooney was the problem....
We got 4th out of pure luck mate. Liverpool dropped some amazingly bad points to drop in the run in and after tommy left we seemed to find it hard to win a game.

Plus carsley being back played a massive part in the team tactics working in hindsight.

Point is, if anything lukaku has spent 3 years here waiting to see what will happen the following year, and has nothing to show for it. Back then, Rooney walked into a title winning team, starring in the Champions league and all the rest. Whereas we couldn't even get past the qualifying round.....

but to the point, rooney essentially swapped potentially going down to walk into the champions league. How can you realistically hold that against him?[/QUOTE

If everton had of been relegated he would have been sold anyway with the blessing of the fans for all his efforts! I would have stayed til at least 21 but that is me personally,

He could have even came back before he signed his new deal at united and tried to win a a trophy here and choose not too.

If everton had of been relegated he would have been sold anyway with the blessing of the fans for all his efforts! I would have stayed til at least 21 but that is me personally,

He could have even came back before he signed his new deal at united and tried to win a a trophy here and choose not too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back