Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agree with Esk about the team set up being right for him, if he doesn't get signed by a team with an awesome midfield, being in a team with suicidal attacking tendencies is probably the second best option.

Are you suggesting he WONT make Belgs Euro 2016 squad!!??!?!?!?!

Anyway, Rom is 100% off in the Summer, never seen anything more nailed on in my life.

Belgians have their heads scratched over this one too. Not so simple this despite all Rom's quality's. In the selection he will most likely be, not sure if he will be a starter though.

Everton is a team that plays towards Rom's abbilety's, the team is very much centered on making him produce. He can't expect the same at Belgium, to many stars that have their own game to play, and in that respect he might not even fit in so well tactics wise. We had difficulty's making the most out of Rom before, we tend to prefer someone at the top who is more the ball playing type than our lovable big beast Rom. He can be a very good inpact sub though, tired players will drop like fly's for him.

Same with Hazard btw., also a player we can't get to perform to his max potential in our system. One can doubt our system too, ill leave that open to debate. Most likely though the team will be very much build to get the most out of De Bruyne in the center. We have options for the striker role, Rom, benteke, batshuayi, even Origi perhaps.

Would be nice if we tried him out in a few friendly's before the euro's to see what inpact he can make now, but most belgians i bet are not too convinced that Rom will fit in as well as he does in Everton. Not that we don't rate or like him, he's quite poppular otherwise.

He has certainly come on a lot more than I thought he would, and looks motivated to play at a higher level than where Everton are sat.

However, he'd be well advised to consider whether or not his next team would be willing to set up with the sole purpose of getting him on the score sheet, as appears to the case at Everton this season (Kone seems to be under orders to give the ball to him as soon as he gets it).

There's also the very real possibility of Everton pricing him out of a move to the sort of second-tier European club where he's likely to start most games.

He has certainly come on a lot more than I thought he would, and looks motivated to play at a higher level than where Everton are sat.

However, he'd be well advised to consider whether or not his next team would be willing to set up with the sole purpose of getting him on the score sheet, as appears to the case at Everton this season (Kone seems to be under orders to give the ball to him as soon as he gets it).

There's also the very real possibility of Everton pricing him out of a move to the sort of second-tier European club where he's likely to start most games.

It was quite funny on Monday watching Kone persistently pass to Rom even when he had 4 men around him and there was others in space. In fairness Rom actually tried to find Kone a few times when easier were passes were on.

Roms performance though on Monday was as good as I've seen from an Everton centre forward in years.

It was quite funny on Monday watching Kone persistently pass to Rom even when he had 4 men around him and there was others in space. In fairness Rom actually tried to find Kone a few times when easier were passes were on.

Roms performance though on Monday was as good as I've seen from an Everton centre forward in years.
Yep, it was right up there. He's about as fired up a player as I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back