Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Romelu Lukaku

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe you think Lukaku had a bad season.

When he leaves there'll be much wailing and gnashing of teeth for years. People will wonder how they could have thought he was a loafer. Because we'll pick up a couple of puddings struggling to hit 10 a season.

Jesus Christ mate, chin up, there's a possibility we could sign other decent footballers.

The world, and Everton won't suddenly implode on Roms departure.

I'm in the camp of wanting him gone now, there seems to be a trend that if you do you think he's crap, I don't, I just don't want any players that don't want to be at Everton. We'll get the goals from elsewhere.

We sold someone who netted 40 in 86, 25 pffft, easy peasy.

Jesus Christ mate, chin up, there's a possibility we could sign other decent footballers.

I'm in the camp of wanting him gone now, there seems to be a trend that if you do you think he's crap, I don't, I just don't want any players that don't want to be at Everton. We'll get the goals from elsewhere.

See I think he is great but I really don't care if he goes, without his goals last season we still would of been 7th we don't need a 25 goal striker, look at Liverpool, got in the CL and I'm sure there leading scorer only got about 12.
Spread the goals around is a much better way, sooner Rom and Ross for that matter are out the door we can get on with sorting the side for next season

These threads with wave after wave of attack on @davek sometimes remind me of that scene from Airplane;

JmRjAvP.gif

We won't miss Rom in the slightest. There will be some adjustment period while we play a different way, but with him gone and a more mobile, adaptive striker in his place, combined with investment across the squad, we'll be considerably better as a team.

People just can't see beyond the individual goals he offers right now, but no doubt in my mind we'll be better off. The question for me isn't whether we should get rid of him, because we plainly should, but it's about maintaining the pretence that he's a key asset and milking every last bit of money out of a club foolish enough to part with it for him.

The secondary question is ensuring that with him gone, we spend the money on replacements and it doesn't just wipe out our current spend, because that's what Kenwright would have done in the old days. We need to send a statement out this summer and that means, at minimum, a net spend of £50m+.

Not attackers. He's yet to get a decision right up front for me on signings/loans.

We won't miss Rom in the slightest. There will be some adjustment period while we play a different way, but with him gone and a more mobile, adaptive striker in his place, combined with investment across the squad, we'll be considerably better as a team.

People just can't see beyond the individual goals he offers right now, but no doubt in my mind we'll be better off. The question for me isn't whether we should get rid of him, because we plainly should, but it's about maintaining the pretence that he's a key asset and milking every last bit of money out of a club foolish enough to part with it for him.

The secondary question is ensuring that with him gone, we spend the money on replacements and it doesn't just wipe out our current spend, because that's what Kenwright would have done in the old days. We need to send a statement out this summer and that means, at minimum, a net spend of £50m+.

I echo the same thoughts.

I believe striker with a better all round play will benefit us more, as much as he's "world class" we can't accommodate him with our current calibre.

I'd prefer a team that doesn't rely on adult nappies when playing the RS.

I think we will all miss Rom when he goes.
Whether to some that will be alittle or alot. There will be times when we go arghh wish we had Rom or if only Lukaku was on the end of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back