Ronald Koeman discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate you forget we also played away at the champions but then go into mention the Europa league even tho we didn't lose any of the games so far in it.

We have played 4 league games and 3 are against serious top 4 sides, with United up next if course we have had a bad start to the season
My point was we're so negative and unable to create chances. Certainly against good sides but also the lesser teams we've played in the europa.

Let me try and explain.

Dozens of people have commented on this but still people like your good self, in the absence of owt else to say, take it upon themselves to insult them as point this fact out.......it is not the paltry points total that people are "bedwetting" about.

It is the rudderless, toothless, passionless nature of the performances.

Only someone whom indeed had turned into a "deluded Kopite" would be happy with that and think it is swell.......nowt to worry about chaps, sure they are only those matches we have no chance of winning, so let's keep the score down at OT on Sunday and the season really starts against Bournemouth because that is our level....COYBB :dance:

But it's all good.....it'll be our year next season :celebrate:

That is the happy clappy way you and others are excusing these craven performances.

What is a genuine cause for "bedwetting" is the fact you seem to take pride in being among a group of people whom were writing off the City, Chelsea and Spurs games for a total of one point, maximum, before a ball was kicked.

Thankfully some of us still maintain enough pride in EFC to think we might have done a wee bit better in those games but even if we did not, at least the lads put up a fight.

;)
Excellent post Sir ;)

I think this is the problem. Williams is forcing us to play deep which is a catastrophe for such a slow lineup. The only way I can see the slow poke lineup working is if we signed a speed demon center half that allows us to press and avoid being beaten on the counter. Jags used to be that guy, but he is getting up there in age. Our failure to sign a striker will destroy us if DCL doesn't step up to the plate.
Yep we need a Ratcliffe at centre half!!

Yeah, let's take the best manager of all time and how he made it work. What about the hundreds and thousands of other managers that never turned in to Alex Ferguson?
Ferguson looked like something special, he'd broken the Rangers/Celtic monopoly and won a European trophy beating Bayern on the way and Real Madrid in the final! Koeman hasn't done anything like that in 17 years.

Horrendous example really, seeing as they didn't have a bad start.

They'd only dropped 8 points by the halfway stage of the season, we'll have to go on a 15 game winning streak starting sunday if we want to match that.

They had dropped those 8points by the end of September though. We win our next three games (yeah i know) and we've matched them.

They had dropped those 8points by the end of September though. We win our next three games (yeah i know) and we've matched them.
True, but that wasn't the point being made. The original post was about 'long periods of poor form', and I'm not sure you can class dropping points in 3 games spread over 13 days as a long period of poor form.

Let me try and explain.

Dozens of people have commented on this but still people like your good self, in the absence of owt else to say, take it upon themselves to insult them as point this fact out.......it is not the paltry points total that people are "bedwetting" about.

It is the rudderless, toothless, passionless nature of the performances.

Only someone whom indeed had turned into a "deluded Kopite" would be happy with that and think it is swell.......nowt to worry about chaps, sure they are only those matches we have no chance of winning, so let's keep the score down at OT on Sunday and the season really starts against Bournemouth because that is our level....COYBB :dance:

But it's all good.....it'll be our year next season :celebrate:

That is the happy clappy way you and others are excusing these craven performances.

What is a genuine cause for "bedwetting" is the fact you seem to take pride in being among a group of people whom were writing off the City, Chelsea and Spurs games for a total of one point, maximum, before a ball was kicked.

Thankfully some of us still maintain enough pride in EFC to think we might have done a wee bit better in those games but even if we did not, at least the lads put up a fight.

;)

Your best post on here Khal. Excellent stuff.

We had long periods of poor form last year and weren't miles away with unlucky results like United mixed in.
We kind of were miles away though. 15 points in the end, and at no point were we ever looking likely to get in to the top 4. There was quite a short period where it looked like a vague possibility but that was as good as it got.

I agree that we don't need to 'worry' as such, as I still think we're easily good enough to maintain a top half position, but that's not really what we should be aiming for in my opinion.

we turn on people so quick i find it embarrassing we have had a tough start we haven't played great but have a bit off faith, we have all new players who haven't played together, all really good players, tottenham had the same problem when they signed loads off new players, give them a chance it, hate how negative we are.

we turn on people so quick i find it embarrassing we have had a tough start we haven't played great but have a bit off faith, we have all new players who haven't played together, all really good players, tottenham had the same problem when they signed loads off new players, give them a chance it, hate how negative we are.
I've seen the Spurs example used a couple of times recently. It makes me laugh, because it basically proves the exact opposite of what the people using it want to say.

Of the 7 players Spurs signed after selling Bale, 5 had virtually no impact, and both the manager and DoF left their roles before their recent improvement kicked in.

If anything, what happened to Spurs suggests we're on the wrong path rather than the right one.

We kind of were miles away though. 15 points in the end, and at no point were we ever looking likely to get in to the top 4. There was quite a short period where it looked like a vague possibility but that was as good as it got.

I agree that we don't need to 'worry' as such, as I still think we're easily good enough to maintain a top half position, but that's not really what we should be aiming for in my opinion.

I still don't see any team out there that's better than us outside of the Top 6. Sure if we don't click all season there'll be a few but with our squad if we sort the tactics and lineup out then it'll be the same as last season and possibly overtaking Arsenal.

I still don't see any team out there that's better than us outside of the Top 6. Sure if we don't click all season there'll be a few but with our squad if we sort the tactics and lineup out then it'll be the same as last season and possibly overtaking Arsenal.
Oh i'm not saying we'll be overtaken as such, just pointing out that the poster was correct in saying that a prolonged run of poor form basically precludes you from a top 4 challenge.

I'm not quite as confident as some that we will definitely hold on to 7th though. We'll definitely be playing at least 9 more games than we did last year, hopefully more like 15-20 more. It wouldn't surprise me if that takes a toll on us, and if Baines or Keane for example were to pick up an injury, I think we start to look very vulnerable indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back