Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know how everybody thinks they know that he cost us millions. I have never seen any publications about this huge alleged loss, if its true why are we contemplating buying him back please show us the proof.

Well, he had the opportunity to sign for Chelsea for £35m in summer 2017. He decided not to.

He went to Chelsea/was given permission to talk to them after a fee was agreed.

He sought to defend his decision to not sign for £35m in summer 2017 like so;

“Contrary to a number of reports in the press, I did not undertake a medical with any club at any point. I simply decided that due to my injury, it would be best to make a decision on my future and assess all my options in January when fully fit”

And then come a few months later - January 2018, of course - as everyone knew he would, he did leave the club, but for only £15m – £20 million less than what they were willing to pay six months prior.

He’d therefore cost the club who had given him a professional career a significant amount of money.

Everton fans believe Barkley did it on purpose, because a smaller transfer fee would pocket him more money in wages.

At the time, the deal was reported for fraud after Liverpool‘s mayor wrote to the league and the FA.

Barkley added fuel to the fire later that year as he claimed he hadn’t been “coached much” at Everton.

Well, he had the opportunity to sign for Chelsea for £35m in summer 2017. He decided not to.

He went to Chelsea/was given permission to talk to them after a few was agreed.

He sought to defend his decision to not sign for £35m in summer 2017 like so;

“Contrary to a number of reports in the press, I did not undertake a medical with any club at any point. I simply decided that due to my injury, it would be best to make a decision on my future and assess all my options in January when fully fit”

And then come January 2018, of course - as everyone knew he would, he did leave the club, but for only £15m – £20 million less than what they were willing to pay six months prior.

He’d therefore cost the club who had given him a professional career a significant amount of money.

Everton fans believe Barkley did it on purpose, because a smaller transfer fee would pocket him more money in wages.

At the time, the deal was reported for fraud after Liverpool‘s mayor wrote to the league and the FA.

Barkley added fuel to the fire later that year as he claimed he hadn’t been “coached much” at Everton.

= ?

…I wonder if the club monitor sites like this to gauge fans reaction. it shouldn’t deter the Manager if he really wants the player but I fear for us if Lampard does.

Some employees probably read it. It might explain the empty anti depressant boxes in the Finch Farm bins.

Do you really think he would have passed that medical with the injury ??

You even explain it yourself...."he walked into that medical with Chelsea in full knowing of his injury situation"

So basicly, he tried to go to them while injured !?!

The injury was flagged in the medical, the travsfer was stopped. While it was unfortunate for us, how is that Ross' fault ?? and how has HE cost us money ?

I get not liking him because he wanted to leave us.
Forgive me but what a load of kin codswallop. That was obviously just a figure of speech. I have no idea if he crawled, walked or ran in but of course they knew he was injured before they bid for him. The whole country knew he was, it wasn't a secret. He wanted to go and they were prepared to take him with his injury for over 30 million. That is simply a fact. He then went along with whatever was said to him and shafted us and cost us about 20 million.

It's not because he wanted to leave that i don't like him, I don't like him because he is a backstabbing conniving little rat who should never be allowed back and he wouldn't be if we had a different board that wasn't lead by jobs for the boy's what would the Everton board do we have had good times Kenwright.

Oh and he is crap too which doesn't help. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.