Transfer Rumour Ross Barkley

Should Everton re-sign Ross Barkley

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The summer started with us supposedly chasing Conor Gallagher from Chelsea.

But instead we seem to be getting Ross Barkley from them.

:(

He knows nothing. No one does. He chats wham 99% of the time.
Thanks northern blue, he is just quoting hearsay, some people need to grow up and think what it would do to the lad if people show up showing anti Barclay banners and booing him before he even kicks a ball. Forget what people think they know and get behind him, you never know, he may turn out to be very good. All this of course if he even signs.

We had a diamond called boss Ratley.
Then he went and threw us under the bus.
But we're gonna take him back
Coz our midfields pretty cack
And we're stupid to believe he's one of us

Attachments

• 67498912-E440-414B-9F6A-70A648164FBF.jpeg
    67498912-E440-414B-9F6A-70A648164FBF.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 36

What in the world makes you say that? He really isnt very good at all. We would be getting less of a player than the one who left a few years back.
Because our midfield is pants. He isn't as good as he was but better than what we've got. Doesn't mean I want him or think it's a good Idea.

Here is a reminder of what happened back then - https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footba...hiri-confirms-ross-barkley-u-turn_306211.html

Farhad Moshiri confirms Ross Barkley U-turn
By Barney Corkhill, Editor | 4y
Everton majority shareholder Farhad Moshiri has confirmed that Ross Barkley changed his mind about joining Chelsea during his medical at the club's Cobham training complex.

The Premier League champions had agreed a £35m fee with the Toffees in addition to personal terms with the player, and Barkley travelled down to London to undergo his medical this evening.

However, the 23-year-old performed a remarkable U-turn during that medical and now wants to stay with Everton before reconsidering his position in January.

"The two clubs agreed a deal of £35m and personal terms were agreed and after the medical we heard from Ross Barkley's agent that he had changed his mind. He told us he wanted to reconsider and stay with us for the time being," he told Sky Sports News.

"It was a big surprise but that is football. It has been a very busy transfer window, we have brought in a lot of players especially in attacking areas. We have a lot of new players and it will take some time to gel. We are very happy with business. These are all Ronald Koeman's signings.

"We have also Yannick Bolasie and Seamus Coleman fit in October, which will help the squad. We would like to finish as high as possible in the table."

Barkley, who has less than a year remaining on his contract at Goodison Park, is currently sidelined with a hamstring injury which could keep him out for up to three months.

Midfield 3. Gana, doucs, and 1 of barkers, Tommy d, gomes or Alan. I know who I'm gonna call.... boast gusters himself. Welcome back on a loan and subsidised wages Ross.

Nice one for finding this.

Sounds like he was willing to give us a few more years before moving on. Seen as we were regular top 6 back then who knows how good things might've been.

Everton...that
Wouldn’t believe half of what he’s saying in that interview.
All that business with his agent and former SAS heavies putting it on his former agent etc….
Not to mention his less than honest recollection of his dealings with Moyes which he ultimately paid a 6 figure liable pay out over.
Two sides to every story of course but I’m not having it he was forced out and would have stayed otherwise.

Last edited:
Well, he had the opportunity to sign for Chelsea for £35m in summer 2017. He decided not to.

He went to Chelsea/was given permission to talk to them after a fee was agreed.

He sought to defend his decision to not sign for £35m in summer 2017 like so;

“Contrary to a number of reports in the press, I did not undertake a medical with any club at any point. I simply decided that due to my injury, it would be best to make a decision on my future and assess all my options in January when fully fit”

And then come a few months later - January 2018, of course - as everyone knew he would, he did leave the club, but for only £15m – £20 million less than what they were willing to pay six months prior.

He’d therefore cost the club who had given him a professional career a significant amount of money.

Everton fans believe Barkley did it on purpose, because a smaller transfer fee would pocket him more money in wages.

At the time, the deal was reported for fraud after Liverpool‘s mayor wrote to the league and the FA.

Barkley added fuel to the fire later that year as he claimed he hadn’t been “coached much” at Everton.
If what you quote is true and I am not droughting what you say, then if as he said these things about his fitness at the time, then he would have failed a medical at Chelsea and the deal would not have gone through anyway. all that was a long time ago, lets forget all this hate and get behind him, if the deal goes through he will be wearing a blue Everton shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.