Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous statement, he hasn't been great recently but earlier in the season he was superb. He was our best player in the goodison derby, he had the composure we need if we're going to get a result at the weekend. I like Barkley but this isn't the right game to start him in.

Agree with this. And I love Barkley, think he's going to be very special someday soon but I really don't think this is the best game to start him at the expense of ossie Fellaini or Gibson.

If gibsons injured tho..I think Barkley should start in place of jelavic.

Agree with this. And I love Barkley, think he's going to be very special someday soon but I really don't think this is the best game to start him at the expense of ossie Fellaini or Gibson.

If gibsons injured tho..I think Barkley should start in place of jelavic.
Hoping for a Jelly double on Sunday, all will be forgiven

While not doubting this lad has talent i can,t help thinking the longer Moyes keeps him wrapped in cotton wool the more his agent gets in his ear and the lad wants out.just like whats his name scored against the red ****e and went to the barcodes. He will not start Sunday on as sub 65 min and Naismith on 75 lol by this time it,s 3 -0 for ?

Fox has already said that this is the team:

Howard
Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines
Gibson Osman
Mirallas Fellaini Pienaar
Anichebe​

Barkley's not starting.

While not doubting this lad has talent i can,t help thinking the longer Moyes keeps him wrapped in cotton wool the more his agent gets in his ear and the lad wants out.

Lucky enough moyes has a decent connection with those agents with his lad having worked there .

Agreed, Osman isn't strong enough to hold possession in holding midfield against a team like this, and if he loses possession in midfield they'll punish us.

I am ALL for us putting Barkley out there, but in defense of Moyes, Osman is one of the people that truly brings it for the derby, year in, year out. And I think that is why Moyes would pick Osman over Barkley. You can all but pencil in Osman and Pienaar for yellow cards in this game due to challenging hard for 50-50 balls.

The extra bite that Ossie brings when he's going against the Reds is why he's going to start for us, and I'm ok with that.

I am ALL for us putting Barkley out there, but in defense of Moyes, Osman is one of the people that truly brings it for the derby, year in, year out. And I think that is why Moyes would pick Osman over Barkley. You can all but pencil in Osman and Pienaar for yellow cards in this game due to challenging hard for 50-50 balls.

The extra bite that Ossie brings when he's going against the Reds is why he's going to start for us, and I'm ok with that.

Back to reality though - they will run straight over Osman just like they've done for the last 10 years

Back to reality though - they will run straight over Osman just like they've done for the last 10 years

Spot on, he has been giving sound bites about winning in the press, yet when the whistle blows on Sunday he will disappear from the face of of the earth for 90 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back