Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I am wrong but if Ross decides to stay and see out his contract.

Would we be entitled to compensation as Ross is under 24 years old prior to the commencement of the season 2017/2018?

I think £50m is a crazy price tag for a lad who hasn't really kicked on from that "potential" stage, he's been too inconsistent for me. Dropped by England, and also by his club towards the end of the season.
I get that he considers himself one of our top players and that he probably expects pay parity with the likes Lukaku, but if he really is blue-blooded, sign the contract.

Correct me if I am wrong but if Ross decides to stay and see out his contract.

Would we be entitled to compensation as Ross is under 24 years old prior to the commencement of the season 2017/2018?

No, this has been talked about mate, im not sure exactly how it works but no we get zip if he sits it out for 12 months

I think £50m is a crazy price tag for a lad who hasn't really kicked on from that "potential" stage, he's been too inconsistent for me. Dropped by England, and also by his club towards the end of the season.
I get that he considers himself one of our top players and that he probably expects pay parity with the likes Lukaku, but if he really is blue-blooded, sign the contract.

50m is insane... it's basically like arsenal asking 50m for Wilshire ..

Wilshere is never fit. Barkley is a better and younger version of Siggurdson. 50m is more than fair.
Really?
Sigurdsson is pretty much the reason Swansea haven't been relegated for the past few seasons. He's carried that team.
Ross is certainly less injury prone than Wilshere, but short of the levels of Sigurdsson

Really?
Sigurdsson is pretty much the reason Swansea haven't been relegated for the past few seasons. He's carried that team.
Ross is certainly less injury prone than Wilshere, but short of the levels of Sigurdsson
If Barkley was in that team he would carry it as well. I like Sigurdsson but there's not much between them except age which is easily worth an extra 20%.

I agree - his market value is not 50Million .... but that's not what Everton FC should price him on. If we don't want to sell him - his price is not based on what he is worth to the market, its what he is worth to Everton FC.

If that market does not value him at the same price as us - no deal. Basic supply and demand. And I for one am grateful we are on the right side of that equation for the first time in a couple of decades!

If Barkley was in that team he would carry it as well. I like Sigurdsson but there's not much between them except age which is easily worth an extra 20%.

Barkley, in my opinion has been too inconsistent. Sigurdsson has been far more consistent.
Anyway, a player is only as valuable as the what the buyer will pay. Tottenham, have baulked at £50m for Ross and there are not many suitors, whereas reports suggest we have increased our offer for Sigurdsson, and there is interest from elsewhere. Surely that tells you all you need to know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back