Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the additions of Rooney (seems fairly nailed on) and Klaassen, it looks to me like Koeman expects him gone. I can't see where he fits into the team alongside those two, especially if we're also pursuing Sigurdsson.
I think we are massively oversubscribed in all central midfield positions now. While we have Europe to contend with too, Im note sure we need Gibson, Gueye, Barry, McCarthy, Besic, Schniederlin, Klaasen, Barkley, Davies, Mirallas, Sigurdsson, and Rooney. That's 11, before you consider wide men like Bolasie when he returns, Lookman.... Ive lost count now....
How many can be offloaded?

Mate common... if barkley was playing for Spurs or united etc... would you spend 50m for a player that hasn't kicked on... has 12months left... and can't even get picked ahead of Livermore for England?
You've got to remember that the 'Plant-Pot' that picks the England team is Southgate, also selecting Defoe before Rooney and other
strange decisions

I'd like to see him playing RW, anywhere else he can't be trusted to put In a shift and if he loses the ball it's less of a problem defensively,

almost like a wide striker.

I think we are massively oversubscribed in all central midfield positions now. While we have Europe to contend with too, Im note sure we need Gibson, Gueye, Barry, McCarthy, Besic, Schniederlin, Klaasen, Barkley, Davies, Mirallas, Sigurdsson, and Rooney. That's 11, before you consider wide men like Bolasie when he returns, Lookman.... Ive lost count now....

McCarthy will be gone. Gibson is at Sunderland.

We've got
4 DMs - Morgan, Gueye, Barry, Besic
2 CMs - Klassen, Davies
4 wingers - Mirallas, Bolasie, Lennon, Lookman
2 strikers - Sandro, DCL.

Remove DCL and Lookman who aren't premiership ready IMO we're still lacking goals and creativity.

Lennon will probably be off. Bolasie isn't back till Xmas.

He already left, mercifully.

Gibson (already gone to Sunderland), and Barry have no business even getting a squad number.

McCarthy and Besic are often injured, although I enjoy both as squad players when healthy. Especially given that we've seen McCarthy put in solid shifts at RB, and Besic has been used at CB as well.

Mirallas is a winger, and we don't have Rooney or Sigurdsson yet. Still holding out hope this Rooney business proves false.

Gueye, Schneiderlin, Klassen, Barkley, and Davies as regular starters given European competition would be delightful. I'd even be happy if we added another to the mix.

Gibson, and Barry have no business even getting a squad number.

McCarthy and Besic are often injured, although I enjoy both as squad players when healthy. Especially given that we've seen McCarthy put in solid shifts at RB, and Besic has been used at CB as well.

Mirallas is a winger, and we don't have Rooney or Sigurdsson yet. Still holding out hope this Rooney business proves false.

Gueye, Schneiderlin, Klassen, Barkley, and Davies as regular starters given European competition would be delightful. I'd even be happy if we added another to the mix.

When you break it down, we really do need more attackers.

Mate common... if barkley was playing for Spurs or united etc... would you spend 50m for a player that hasn't kicked on... has 12months left... and can't even get picked ahead of Livermore for England?
We just paid 30m for a defender with 12 months left.

Whether he has kicked on our not is irrelevant. Right now he is as good as Sigurdsson but much younger. If he doesn't improve at all he's still a 50m pound player. Spurs could buy him now and sell him in 3 years for 40m (assuming relative prices don't change) which would mean they get his services for 10m. That's a bargain whatever way you cut it.

Be like a new signing when he puts pen to paper on his revised contract. Will be so grateful when he realises the true lack of interest there appears to be in him.
Lack of interest in our players suggests he isnt the player our blue-tinted specs have us believe?

Lack of interest in our players suggests he isnt the player our blue-tinted specs have us believe?
Take the point but the 'lack of interest' may stem more around our valuation of him -v- his current worth. The jury, unfortunately, is still hung insofar as his development and only Barkley can change that hence the need to knuckle down and play like we believe he should...and consistently. I think it is the lack of the latter quality which is working against him and this whole episode may be the salutory kick in the pants he needs. There is a potentially great player in there but he is getting long past 'potential' and now needs to prove it if his career is to continue on an up curve instead of plateauing as it seems to have.

McCarthy will be gone. Gibson is at Sunderland.

We've got
4 DMs - Morgan, Gueye, Barry, Besic
2 CMs - Klassen, Davies
4 wingers - Mirallas, Bolasie, Lennon, Lookman
2 strikers - Sandro, DCL.

Remove DCL and Lookman who aren't premiership ready IMO we're still lacking goals and creativity.

Lennon will probably be off. Bolasie isn't back till Xmas.

So the revised list looks like this assuming Rooney and Martina join and Lukaku leaves. Jags and Barry are too old.

1 RB - Martina
2 LB - Baines Galloway
3 CB - Keane Mori Williams
4 DMs - Morgan, Gueye, Besic
2 CMs - Klassen, Davies
4 wingers - Mirallas
2 strikers - Sandro, Rooney

They are the players either not long term injured, too old or too young and untested.

That's a piss poor squad. I hope we still have a lot of business to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back