Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy is simply a fantastic footballer.

The best natural english talent I have seen in years; the way he glides past players and his technique is so good.

Just needs some coaching and a hand on his shoulder sometimes.
Totally agree!
Ross is one of the best footballers you will ever see! If he could get his confidence up there we are going to witness one of the best players ever!

The guy is simply a fantastic footballer.

The best natural english talent I have seen in years; the way he glides past players and his technique is so good.

Just needs some coaching and a hand on his shoulder sometimes.
He doesn't seem the type to give praise lightly, but when you hear koeman referring to Barkley as a 'great player' in his post match interview, he is able to recognise the outstanding talent the lad possesses. I've no doubt koeman will get the best out of the lad, it was only early days against championship standard opposition, but already his decision making seemed better yesterday.

He doesn't seem the type to give praise lightly, but when you hear koeman referring to Barkley as a 'great player' in his post match interview, he is able to recognise the outstanding talent the lad possesses. I've no doubt koeman will get the best out of the lad, it was only early days against championship standard opposition, but already his decision making seemed better yesterday.
Ross just need a confidence boost - all of sudden all of the players who under performed for brown shoes will start to become the good players we know they are ... If we can get some consistency from kev , gerry and Ross it would be huge this season ... Can't wait for the season to start ..!

I think that's actually a criticism of the other players movement (or lack of).

Nope, plenty of times over the past couple of seasons he has had options, but he dwells on the ball and doesn't appear to know whether to go off instinct or not.

When he plays quick and off his instinct he is most effective. Yesterday he looked the player we know he can be and the player that made the position his own in Mrtinez's first season.

Or the other players' movement?

Nope, plenty of times over the past couple of seasons he has had options, but he dwells on the ball and doesn't appear to know whether to go off instinct or not.

When he plays quick and off his instinct he is most effective. Yesterday he looked the player we know he can be and the player that made the position his own in Mrtinez's first season.

Nope, when the players around him make moves asking for the pass, he normally sees it and delivers. If you see him dwelling it's normally because there's nothing on.

Or the other players' movement?
very good point. The past couple of seasons our forwards' off-ball movement has been largely poor. Martinez's insistence on momentum killing tiki taka football partly/mostly engendered this ; players up front thinking "what's the point of movement?...the ball will take so long in arriving, I'm just wasting energy"

I think he'll do even better this season if Geri and Tarashaj get some minutes up top; their movement yesterday was perfect for him.

Saw more movement and anticipation in the box ( Kev & Tarashaj ) on Sat. in one game than in 5 by Rom.

A corner turned by Ross and the Team??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back