Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free from the shambles of the Martinez era and with Koeman coaching, cajoling and pushing him on Ross can achieve what he and we desire for him... Greatness !!!

And just how good would it be that at some point this season - ideally after he's smacked a 30-yard Derby winner into the Street End goal - for the whole and I mean the whole Goodison crowd to bellow a rendition of "we've got a diamond..."
id prefer it to be at the Kop end.

I would sell him now and take 5 mill
Love him

Don't think he will ever be world class though
Its a tough one. Sometimes amazing and sometimes the opposite. I don't know but sometimes think coaches and managers stifle players. Although Ross is no Rooney my instruction to both (Rooney of old) would be to play at the head of midfield and do what you want. Ross should not think about it, he is gifted and can change a game. Not many can.

blue-diamond.png

If Koeman adds desire, aggression to his game he'll be one of the best midfielders in world football. Not good enough for England though.

'World Class' gets thrown about too easy I think. Players like Ronaldo, Messi, Aguero, De Bruyne, Neymar deserve that label. I don't think Barkley will ever be as good as them, but he has all the attributes to be a very good footballer as long as someone can get them out of him consistently.

Really don't understand our fanbase with this boy sometimes

Watch the football sometimes with my old man. He's been watching Everton since the 70's or whatever

*Barkley completed 9/10 passes
*Keeps the ball moving nicely in midfield
*Scores a beauty of a goal or sets up a teammate nicely
*Tries a through ball or shot that doesn't come off

"What the [Poor language removed] is he trying to do he's [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] him why is he still about just get to [Poor language removed] lad"

*Cleverley completes a 4 yard sideways pass

"Ah sound player him always liked him"

I don't understand it. He's archetypal of a lot of Everton fans as well. It beggars belief, it really does

Really don't understand our fanbase with this boy sometimes

Watch the football sometimes with my old man. He's been watching Everton since the 70's or whatever

*Barkley completed 9/10 passes
*Keeps the ball moving nicely in midfield
*Scores a beauty of a goal or sets up a teammate nicely
*Tries a through ball or shot that doesn't come off

"What the [Poor language removed] is he trying to do he's [Poor language removed] [Poor language removed] him why is he still about just get to [Poor language removed] lad"

*Cleverley completes a 4 yard sideways pass

"Ah sound player him always liked him"

I don't understand it. He's archetypal of a lot of Everton fans as well. It beggars belief, it really does

Cleverley is constantly and consistently slated on here.

Cleverley is constantly and consistently slated on here.
It's a fair point though.

Our flair players get endless stick (except Geri) where our safe players get a lot more leeway. It took 2 seasons of utter uselessness for McCarthy to begin t get it. Ross got it much earlier.

Kev gets slated constantly because he blows hot and cold.

There is definitely a preference for 'workmanlike' players at the expense of instinct and talent.

And Cleverly is a war crime and should be treated as such. I think he gets kid glove treatment comparing how he's treated to Ross and their respective talent levels and contributions.

He had a reasonably poor season yet still scored 12 and made loads of assists which shows how good he is.

It looks like hes lost some of the muscle he was carrying which should help next season.

Went to Barnsley and watched MK Dons on the OS, think Ross has looked good and played well both times.

Obviously you have to take into account the opposition but neither were awful and he not only was smart in his play, strong on the ball and won the ball back quite a few times to restart the attack.
Long may it continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back