Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be daft - All of the defensive players have been fine (Stek, Baines, Williams, Jags, Gueye, Barry)

The only player I'd put under the microscope is Mirallas - But he's blown hot and cold for the whole of his Everton career - and he occupies a place on the pitch where the game can pass him by - Ross is front and centre
Don't think it's daft to be balanced in criticism. When your whole front four aren't playing well i.e. Mirallas and Rom awol for 90mins, Bolasie losing the ball every time he ran at a man, same as Deulofeu e.t.c. it's difficult to make your mark on a game.
Barry and Gueye hardly shone vs. Bournemouth

That's fair enough - and it's also why I point the finger of blame at Koeman and Walsh
What's Koeman got to do with it?
He's first team coach effectively, the onus is on Walsh to identify players and the club to sign them. The failure is the club's/Moshiri's/Walsh's

How do you know ? Did you watch his every minute ?? Did you count how many times he lost the ball or didn't put a tackle in ?

Unfortunately I grew up were my grandfather has sports on all the time so I did see my fair share, also there is lots of coverage via sky, internet and such where you can watch classic matches and other clips, when you watch these so called clips and videos im always impressed by the same names, Lampard, gerrard, scholes, giggs, zidane, nesta etc.....

In relation to Ross comparisons to the above, he has a long way to go IMO. Im also not the only person to have noticed his flaws, not flaws as in he hasn't scored a 35 yard screamer every week, I mean the flaws of 'if there Is nothing on keep it simple'.

Im sure you will see times where I will defend ross if he was effective but did nothing spectacular. I always believe that in order to be class you need to get the basics right consistently.

What's Koeman got to do with it?
He's first team coach effectively, the onus is on Walsh to identify players and the club to sign them. The failure is the club's/Moshiri's/Walsh's

I'm not going to pretend I know the machinations of transfer dealings - I just assumed that Koeman would have some input in who he wanted to sign, and I would at least hope that he made it very clear that he wanted an attacking midfielder and 2 strikers

We'll never know - Maybe he looked at the squad and thought "We're sorted here - No attacking alternatives needed"

The mind boggles.

Unfortunately I grew up were my grandfather has sports on all the time so I did see my fair share, also there is lots of coverage via sky, internet and such where you can watch classic matches and other clips, when you watch these so called clips and videos im always impressed by the same names, Lampard, gerrard, scholes, giggs, zidane, nesta etc.....

In relation to Ross comparisons to the above, he has a long way to go IMO. Im also not the only person to have noticed his flaws, not flaws as in he hasn't scored a 35 yard screamer every week, I mean the flaws of 'if there Is nothing on keep it simple'.

Im sure you will see times where I will defend ross if he was effective but did nothing spectacular. I always believe that in order to be class you need to get the basics right consistently.

They wont show the bad stuff in highlights. Because that's all that was available really in 1993-1996, unless it was your own club and watched every game or it was a big cup game or final.

We all watched them.

Ross's highlights are superb.

I'm not going to pretend I know the machinations of transfer dealings - I just assumed that Koeman would have some input in who he wanted to sign, and I would at least hope that he made it very clear that he wanted an attacking midfielder and 2 strikers

We'll never know - Maybe he looked at the squad and thought "We're sorted here - No attacking alternatives needed"

The mind boggles.
Well it doesn't really, as he said he wanted three more in and got one more.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think this is the main thing Koeman talks about when wanting Ross to 'take more responsibility'.

In the last few seasons he has had an easy ride in terms of not tracking back etc.

Now he is actually doing that - he's putting a shift in. He's just lacking the form and he either seems to lose the ball going forward or commit a foul.

But he never was and never is going to be a tough tackling midfielder.

How many tackles did Lampard ever make?

I used to remember Lampard doing slide tackles atleast..

Ross needs to get in there face more and toughen up

Last game, yes. As a whole, no. Ross has had 3 poor showings in a row. Bolasie, Kev, etc played well before Bournemouth at least.

No he didn't. He had the Sunderland half and the Bournemouth game. He was decent to good in all the others, hence ALL the media saying he was in great form and Sam made a mistake dropping him.

The mind boggles.

He spent all Summer trying to get a CM, another ST and a number 10, he also said he wanted at least another GK, at no point did he look at the squad and think this is sound.

They wont show the bad stuff in highlights. Because that's all that was available really in 1993-1996, unless it was your own club and watched every game or it was a big cup game or final.

We all watched them.

Ross's highlights are superb.

So was Niasse's youtube clip

*legs it*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back