Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did Messi become Xavi?

He didn't.

The point you were making was Xavi must be right in saying Barkley is an amazing talent because he's one of the greatest midfielders.

I posted a link which shows Messi, debatably one of the best players of all time, saying Mcgaedy is an amazing talent, which shows how the elite players may be wrong.

Just for an extra giggle - Gerrard also said Joe Cole was as good as Messi.

tumblr_m6335g2Hrc1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

Unreal.

Anyone outside Everton looking in sees Lukaku and Barkley as our best two talents - head and shoulders above anyone in this squad.

A lad lauded by Xavi, the greatest midfielder of his generation, but dismissed by people on here, many of whom have probably never kicked a ball.

And Koeman will see this as well Dave, be sure of that.

He's been in poor form and I think his confidence has taken a knock. The worry is that he'll never overcome these supposed 'mentality' issues - rather than prove people wrong he seems to regress.

I expect him to feature against Burnley (either from the start or from the bench).

Horses for courses and I think, all things being fair, Barkley (in his current form) was not the player to play against City in the way we set up.

I understand him not starting against City, but the last 15 mins or so were crying out for him. He's at his best on the counter, could have done some damage.

I understand him not starting against City, but the last 15 mins or so were crying out for him. He's at his best on the counter, could have done some damage.

Koeman to me is built in a very Moyes way. Defend first. We've seen it in the last few games.

I think hes clocked on to the fact when the game is a scrap (Palace) or park the bus (City) Barkley isn't gonna work for him.

Koeman to me is built in a very Moyes way. Defend first. We've seen it in the last few games.

I think hes clocked on to the fact when the game is a scrap (Palace) or park the bus (City) Barkley isn't gonna work for him.

Thought Barkley would have offered more going both ways, than Mirallas. I'd have brought him on at that point.

No doubt some of you will have listened to the discussion about Ross on MOTD2, though it pains me to say it I think Dean Saunders calls it right, Barkley doesn't do enough without the ball, if he can develop that side of his game he will be a regular.

Unreal.

Anyone outside Everton looking in sees Lukaku and Barkley as our best two talents - head and shoulders above anyone in this squad.

A lad lauded by Xavi, the greatest midfielder of his generation, but dismissed by people on here, many of whom have probably never kicked a ball.

Xavi also thinks Wilshire is class

And Koeman will see this as well Dave, be sure of that.

He's been in poor form and I think his confidence has taken a knock. The worry is that he'll never overcome these supposed 'mentality' issues - rather than prove people wrong he seems to regress.

I expect him to feature against Burnley (either from the start or from the bench).

Horses for courses and I think, all things being fair, Barkley (in his current form) was not the player to play against City in the way we set up.
If Koeman doesn't play him deep in that game he will never play him deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back