Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we'd get off his back and let him be himself. He's still got the magic. And he's still only 21.
He doesn't have the footballing brain to play with such players. You see it when he runs with the ball.
Id like to see him play alongside Luk, he's good back to goal and he has quick feet, he plays too deep to do any damage, and the momentum seems to stop going forward when he's on the ball, he used to try and take on 2or3 players then lose it or overrun it, if he played edge of the box he'd be banging more in, he's got the ability to beat his marker then smash it in, he'd win loads of pens too, am I the only one who thinks this or does anyone else fancy him up top ???

Last edited:
Id like to see him play alongside Luk, he's good back to goal and he has quick feet, he plays too deep to do any damage, and the momentum seems to stop going forward when he's on the ball, he used to try and take on 2or3 players then lose it or overrun it, if he played edge of the box he'd be banging more in, he's got the ability to beat his marker then smash it in, he'd win loads of pens too, am I the only one who thinks this or does anyone else fancy him up top ???
Not a bad shout if we were going 2 up top in some games but not as a long term solution

I think he would have Lukaku pulling his hair out if he played up top next to him mate.

I would throw him straight back in on Sat. Any sort of cope on about him he would have seen whats required of him from watching us yest from the bench.

I would throw him straight back in on Sat. Any sort of cope on about him he would have seen whats required of him from watching us yest from the bench.

I'd have him starting from the left, but given license to roam.

Valencia up top with Rom, Mirallas on the right assuming Bolasie is out.

No, he has all sorts of skills but no proper position.

Diamond 23, can still come good. Confidence player means unfortunately that when the team isn't playing well he won't play well.

Really feel for him, you can see how much it means to him but for whatever reasons it's just not happening.

He needed to come out the side because he's been gash lately. As was Jags and Lennon. I like the lad and hope a few cameos from the bench will bring him on.

Yesterday was a glimpse of how we will play without Ross in the team.....hoof.

Makes no difference, Ross has had quite a bit of game time this season and we are still top of the league for playing the most long balls. RK must have realised there is no point having a ball player on the pitch if we plan to go over his head.

I think yesterday was perfect for him, we needed to get it down a bit more and stop launching it every 5 mins.

Didn't fit the formation yesterday, so didn't play

Shouldn't stick a round hole in a square peg at the end of the day

Would probably have come in if Coleman hadn't had to come off

I wouldn't read too much into it other than that to be honest

What? We played the same formation we always play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back