Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
What? We played the same formation we always play.

We didn't mate

We alternated between 4-3-3 and 4-4-2

Our usual formation of 4-2-3-1 is the one Barkley fits into most naturally

Yeah, Clev bombed out on his big chance, but he was a player better suited to the formation we played than Ross was

Had Ross come on, as Koeman originally planned until the injuries, I imagine we'd've swapped to a formation more suited to him

Sell the cry baby waste of space. He's on the way to becoming the next Jack Rodwell. Would be surprised if Barkley gets another England call up during his career.
Why do you bother coming into this thread all you do is constantly belittle & bemoan him. Please tell me after Gueye who has played well this season??

Has Barkley been any worse now think before you type attempt to let your biased opinions settle & think about it

I'd like it if we as a fan base could manage to stop ourselves turning on Ross Barkley like a pack of rabid hyenas

I mean, can we please not do that guys and gals?

We've put ludicrous expectations on him and he's struggling as consequence

How about we, oh I don't know, SUPPORT him and back him when he needs us, as opposed to putting the boots to him?

FFS

Last edited:

And players don't turn on clubs, i was a bit disgusted watching Barkley trotting behind that Southampton kid as he was completely showing Barkley how to play football like

He's made 136 appearances in the league and 99 starts. How much patience and support is required before we're allowed to wonder if maybe he just isn't that good?
We have to give him at least until he is 30, despite the fact he's very visibly gone hugely downhill in the last two years. He must be the only footballer in recent times to have declined so rapidly between the ages of 19 and 21; most others see steady improvements during those ages.

I think Ross should be retrained into a Striker, it's not working in a no.10 role. He can be main man when Rom leaves for Barcelona (!).
Kevin should play there for now and Geri and Bolasie in support with 2 defensive midfielders.

I think Ross should be retrained into a Striker, it's not working in a no.10 role. He can be main man when Rom leaves for Barcelona (!).
Kevin should play there for now and Geri and Bolasie in support with 2 defensive midfielders.
I'm starting to think this too. He might benefit in a position where he won't kill us on the counter. He could afford to make mistakes and take more advantage of his shot. If he gets a goal it will definitely help his confidence.

I've been saying that for ages to anyone who listens, I just know he'd do a good job, good with his back to goal, he's got quick feet so he should be getting in the box taking on one defender and smashing it, he's a cert to get you pens as well, why can't anyone else see what we see, he plays too deep, he takes on one to many and loses it or he just stops the momentum goin forward, he needs to be in the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back