Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd rather he learnt the #8 role, he's unstoppable when driving from deep, when he has confidence. Playing alongside Gueye would alleviate some of the pressure to not make mistakes. He'll grow into it, he's not a #10 for me, he needs the pitch in front of him, a bit like Lukaku I suppose.

Has he actually proved he can play that role though Blue?

Like you, I do want to see him tried there, but in a central two I think he'd be exposed.

In a central three, and given a bit of license in a box-to-box role, I think he'd be okay.

Sending him back out on loan might be a good idea. One final throw of the dice. He's proven over the past two years that he's currently not good enough for this level. Send him out on loan to a top Championship club, get him playing every week and make him prove himself that he's at least earned another chance for us. If he doesn't want to go out on loan, get rid.

Sending him back out on loan might be a good idea. One final throw of the dice. He's proven over the past two years that he's currently not good enough for this level. Send him out on loan to a top Championship club, get him playing every week and make him prove himself that he's at least earned another chance for us. If he doesn't want to go out on loan, get rid.

Butters this is tosh.

He's been exposed in a team not set up to cater for the player he is, and sadly time is running out for him.

The best thing that can happen for Barkley for his career at Everton is for us to get rid of Lukaku and build around him instead, but we're now getting to the point where you have to wonder if his progression has been stagnated too much.

Ross is the one player in our side right now who would thrive in a top class team. He needs a more complete striker ahead of him and a technically focused team that opens up the space for him to exploit in and around the penalty area.

Despite his average form he is too good to let out on loan. He is still probably our best player. I feel we have seen what he is capable of so the bar has been set high and if he doesn't reach that level all the time then he is deemed crap.....although he is still one of our better players even with an average performance. He has more in his locker and this is what we need to entice out of him not loan him out as he seems to have a delicate mindset therefore it might be the worst thing to do.

Either this is the worst popcorn attempt ever or you truly are a lost cause.

you're wasting pixels on a screen here.

You really are the absolute worst poster on this forum.

Play him and Gana in the middle against Watford for me. Let's see him alongside another player who is full of energy and it might spur him on.

If he looks like he can't do the job there then I am afraid I don't know where we go with Ross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back