Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he actually proved he can play that role though Blue?

Like you, I do want to see him tried there, but in a central two I think he'd be exposed.

In a central three, and given a bit of license in a box-to-box role, I think he'd be okay.

No he has to prove he can play there of course. It's all on Ross now, he sinks or swims but I do think he would be better off there with Gueye to protect him.

Play him and Gana in the middle against Watford for me. Let's see him alongside another player who is full of energy and it might spur him on.

If he looks like he can't do the job there then I am afraid I don't know where we go with Ross.

I think Gana is that good, he would be ideal to play alongside for Ross. He can't play there with Barry because that would be an unmitigated disaster but Gana is a real DM an excellent one and that would allow Ross more freedom.

Obviously he still needs to up his work rate and get stuck in but he's still learning the game. Barkley is what I call a training ground beast, as in he feels comfortable and has no pressure which make him stand out above the rest, when the pressure is on and he has to stick to tactics and gameplans, he struggles.

However he is 23 and that will come with confidence and maturity. I've said loads of times, we won't see the best of Ross until he is 25/26/27.
When this lad believes in himself, he's as good as anybody.

I think Gana is that good, he would be ideal to play alongside for Ross. He can't play there with Barry because that would be an unmitigated disaster but Gana is a real DM an excellent one and that would allow Ross more freedom.

Obviously he still needs to up his work rate and get stuck in but he's still learning the game. Barkley is what I call a training ground beast, as in he feels comfortable and has no pressure which make him stand out above the rest, when the pressure is on and he has to stick to tactics and gameplans, he struggles.

How ever he is 23 and that will come with confidence and maturity. I've said loads of times, we won't see the best of Ross until he is 25/26/27.
When this lad believes in himself, he's as good as anybody.

He won't be here then for us to see...it'll be a race who goes first Koeman or him...it will probably be him as Koeman will sell him.

Apparently (takes pinch of salt) he's off.

http://www.[Publication is blacklisted]/reliable-journalist-23-year-old-ace-leave-everton-bids-made/

Apparently (takes pinch of salt) he's off.

http://www.[Publication is blacklisted]/reliable-journalist-23-year-old-ace-leave-everton-bids-made/
Koeman should go before him.

Any manager that sees the most naturally gifted player at the club as someone who cant be coached and played to suit their plan is simply too stupid to be manager of this football club.

Barkley is a red line issue for me. If Koeman sees that lad out the door he can GTF.

lollollol

That....

ronald-koeman-lines-up-his-putt-on-the-9th-green-during-the-everton-picture-id597909210

...or this

JS77133459.jpg

?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back