Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
When asked about Rom he said 'strikers go through patches'

I really cannot understand why Ross gets commented on and used as an example of poor play the most and everyone else gets away with it.

Just don't see how it helps him.

He said Rom needed help from the players around him, we all agree on that surely? Sure Rom could do more, Ronny has touched on that in the past, but he was asked a question about Ross and he answered it, he actually said he was working hard in training and made a point in saying he was rested for tactical reasons.

He wants more from Ross, we all do, but to suggest hes picking on him is silly, hes asked questions and he answers them.

Koeman is right. If Ross Barkley is to match his potential then he has to toughen up and take responsibility. There is no point in saying he is doing brilliantly when he is not.
Barkley is at a crossroads, a bit like Rodwell was a number of years ago, become a leader, a fighter or let your career coast along like so many other players who have never reached their potential.

I think Koeman may well be the very best thing that can happen to Barkley at the moment, and that might involve sitting on the bench for a while.

Koeman is right. If Ross Barkley is to match his potential then he has to toughen up and take responsibility. There is no point in saying he is doing brilliantly when he is not.
Barkley is at a crossroads, a bit like Rodwell was a number of years ago, become a leader, a fighter or let your career coast along like so many other players who have never reached their potential.

I think Koeman may well be the very best thing that can happen to Barkley at the moment, and that might involve sitting on the bench for a while.

Personally it doesnt wash for me.

To get the best out of players you play to their strengths then improve.

Koeman hasn't done that. And its not just Barkley but you can see it in Rom, Mirallas etc where tactically were not playing to any of their strengths or building a team around them.

All he needs to do is start running at teams with the ball. Arsenal away, city away in the cup, crystal palace in the cup, newcastle away when he destroyed the entire team. Hes best when he gets the ball, turns and just drives forward, he just hasnt done that this season. Hes stopped shooting aswell. Get them back and hes laughin again

All he needs to do is start running at teams with the ball. Arsenal away, city away in the cup, crystal palace in the cup, newcastle away when he destroyed the entire team. Hes best when he gets the ball, turns and just drives forward, he just hasnt done that this season. Hes stopped shooting aswell. Get them back and hes laughin again

that goal against Newcastle had everything you want to see Ross do. You wouldn't think it the way he closes down so laboured but he has some pace on him when he gets going

probably Martinezs fault hes stopped running after he tried to make him a part time body builder with his physio degree

aye he definitely put the beef on didn't he lol I hope I'm wrong but I really think we may have already seen the best of Ross Barkley. He just seems to be second guessing himself when he has the ball, so unsure of himself. His work rate is lethargic at best and it looks to me that every single time he has the ball he could do with someone else telling him what to do with it, like he's lost his natural instinct to be more off the cuff.

When asked about Rom he said 'strikers go through patches'

I really cannot understand why Ross gets commented on and used as an example of poor play the most and everyone else gets away with it.

Just don't see how it helps him.
Rom is doing things though...he's scored 7 in 13. Ross hasn't done enough. At. All.

Ross needs to play on instinct, do what comes naturally to him.

He slows things down as he thinks and looks at what's about him - that allows the opposition to close him down, he then turns one way or the other, still thinking about what's best to do and gets caught in possession far too often.

Put the ball in front of him so he can run onto it, pick up pace and look to drive at the opposition, playing one-twos with and for Rom/another forward... and hurt teams.

For me he could be the much-talked-about "number 10" - the inside forward of old slightly behind the striker/s.

For me, Ross playing deep makes him vulnerable and if he's not got an immediate outlet for the one-two to release himself forward, he ends up going round and round in circles and that alone seems to drive the fan base nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back