Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rom is doing things though...he's scored 7 in 13. Ross hasn't done enough. At. All.
Mate that includes a hat trick v Sunderland when he was awful for 45 minutes & should of been hooked.

Ross has 2 goals himself hardly tearing up trees Lukaku, if he had put half the effort in Barkley has this season then fair enough but lukaku has not been any better than Barkley this season at all.

Personally think he has been considerably worse

Ross needs to play on instinct, do what comes naturally to him.

He slows things down as he thinks and looks at what's about him - that allows the opposition to close him down, he then turns one way or the other, still thinking about what's best to do and gets caught in possession far too often.

Put the ball in front of him so he can run onto it, pick up pace and look to drive at the opposition, playing one-twos with and for Rom/another forward... and hurt teams.

For me he could be the much-talked-about "number 10" - the inside forward of old slightly behind the striker/s.

For me, Ross playing deep makes him vulnerable and if he's not got an immediate outlet for the one-two to release himself forward, he ends up going round and round in circles and that alone seems to drive the fan base nuts.

By the sounds of it Koeman just wants him to sit up top with Lukaku.

But he doesn't. He drops deep to get the ball.

Then he doesn't get it as its hoofed foward.

If he stand up top, he'll get blasted for not doing enough. If he drops deep and doesnt get the ball, he'll get blasted.

Honestly don't think Koeman knows what to do with the players hes got.

I have never believed that Barkley is a natural no.10 , I think he is probably better suited to a no. 8.
I would love to see him play deeper helping Barry and Gueye, getting the ball from them and then running at defences.

I would like to see Deulofeu at no. 10 behind Lukaku.
Possibly : Stekelenburg, Coleman, Williams, Mori, Baines, Barry, Gueye, Barkley, Deulofeu, Mirallas, Lukaku.

Ross needs to play on instinct, do what comes naturally to him.

He slows things down as he thinks and looks at what's about him - that allows the opposition to close him down, he then turns one way or the other, still thinking about what's best to do and gets caught in possession far too often.

Put the ball in front of him so he can run onto it, pick up pace and look to drive at the opposition, playing one-twos with and for Rom/another forward... and hurt teams.

For me he could be the much-talked-about "number 10" - the inside forward of old slightly behind the striker/s.

For me, Ross playing deep makes him vulnerable and if he's not got an immediate outlet for the one-two to release himself forward, he ends up going round and round in circles and that alone seems to drive the fan base nuts.

for me when thinking of a number 10, i think of david silva, mata, hazard even... ross barkley certainly doesnt come into that catergory of player at all.

Said it before, Ross needs to start ascerting himself and quickly.

Seems bereft of any confidence which is not good for a confidence player.

Mr Koeman...over to you.

Starting to think this myself, bit worried that until he has gone out and pretty much bought a first 11 himself we aint going to be very good

even if that is the case im happy with our league position right now, it could be much much worse if we hadnt started so bright. lets see what he brings in , in january.

koemans the type of bloke to hand out 'tough love' ... unfortunatly i think ross is waiting for a nice blue teddy bear off him..
Time for Ross to man up, he is no longer a kid in playing terms he has been in and around the first team for 3 years plus now..
Get his head right and he will become the player we think he is.

I'm not sure what barkley problem is?

He not good enough
We expect to much from him and he just another Leon
His mentality is wrong
He scared to get injured so his lack of tackle
His motivation is gone
He doesn't understand tactics
He need a different striker to play with
He doesn't know his best position

I wish we could sort this lad out.

I'm not sure what barkley problem is?

He not good enough
We expect to much from him and he just another Leon
His mentality is wrong
He scared to get injured so his lack of tackle
His motivation is gone
He doesn't understand tactics
He need a different striker to play with
He doesn't know his best position

I wish we could sort this lad out.
This.

.....under Martinez our midfielders had specific tasks, McCarthy and Barry sat in front of the back and rarely passed the half way line and Barkley was given no responsibility when the opposition had the ball. RK demands an all around game with more dimensions, only Barry has been able to adapt but even he isn't overly expansive.

Perhaps Barkley has been found out meeting the demands of a top flight midfielder, it might explain why he's not been coveted by high profile clubs.

.....under Martinez our midfielders had specific tasks, McCarthy and Barry sat in front of the back and rarely passed the half way line and Barkley was given no responsibility when the opposition had the ball. RK demands an all around game with more dimensions, only Barry has been able to adapt but even he isn't overly expansive.

Perhaps Barkley has been found out meeting the demands of a top flight midfielder, it might explain why he's not been coveted by high profile clubs.
He has the ability to go right to the top, but one or two bad passes or a groan from the crowd and his confidence seems shot instantly

Couldn't disagree more with this Barry has been horrendous. Ross hasn't been brilliant but he is about the only player I can see who has upped his work rate in the squad.

We have played the 3rd most long balls in the league & broke the record for crosses in a game v Swansea.

Our play involves bypassing the midfield going long or getting it wide & hitting largely aimless crosses it is the least conducive style you could employ to get the best out of a ball playing midfielder.

Couldn't disagree more with this Barry has been horrendous. Ross hasn't been brilliant but he is about the only player I can see who has upped his work rate in the squad.

We have played the 3rd most long balls in the league & broke the record for crosses in a game v Swansea.

Our play involves bypassing the midfield going long or getting it wide & hitting largely aimless crosses it is the least conducive style you could employ to get the best out of a ball playing midfielder.

...Barry has been poor of late but his form before that was consistently decent. I'm coming to the conclusion that perhaps the long ball game is because RK doesn't have the 'type' of players he wants. Barry and Gueye will naturally get behind the ball when the opposition has it and this causes a midfield void when we win it back. Last week, Mirallas gets alongside or beyond Lukaku, nobody drops to puck the ball up so you have to go long.

As @bluestevon said, somebody like Schneiderlin is a true box to box midfielder and could solve the problem. We also know RK likes 'inverted' wingers. We have to wait until he can bring in the types he wants but I fear Barkley will slip down the pecking order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back