Royston Drenthe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably our best player today, but so frustrating. He's got tons of ability but his decision-making is suspect. It was infuriating watching Hibbert or Baines making overlapping runs in which they were free on the flank over and over only to have Drenthe completely ignore them, often opting to take players on himself and losing the ball in the process. Sometimes he just needs to pick his head up and look.

That said, I like that he has confidence to take players on, it just isn't always the best choice. He always seems to be doing his own thing, and doesn't often seem to be on the same page as the rest of the team. At the moment, you take the good with the bad with him, because he offers us stuff no other player does. The question is, does it off-set the bad decisions and mistakes he makes, which can lead to goals and chances the other way just as often as his good stuff leads to goals and chances for us? To be honest, I like him off the bench when everyone's healthy; with his speed and confidence to take players on, it plays to his strength to run at a tired defense.

I guess I'm a bit harsh on him because I know that he can be a world class player but he has some major flaws in his game that he needs to fix. If we sign him then great, especially if he continues the improvement that I'll admit he has shown this season, but if not then I won't lose sleep over it, especially if we end up signing Pienaar permanently this summer.

Watching the highlights again now, and maybe he isnt a typical Moyes style player but you can see hes a class player. I think Moyes and the club would sign him in a heartbeat but for some reason I really think its more the player than the club this time.I would love him to be a fixture at Everton though, but cant see it :(

His assists alone should be reason enough for his signing. I can accept us not signing him due to wages but not for any other reason. There are still enough games in the season for Drenthe to prove himself to Moyes, especially now that RM is vacant. I really hope that Drenthe sees his future here and doesn't get caught up in his wages.

His assists alone should be reason enough for his signing. I can accept us not signing him due to wages but not for any other reason. There are still enough games in the season for Drenthe to prove himself to Moyes, especially now that RM is vacant. I really hope that Drenthe sees his future here and doesn't get caught up in his wages.

With Coleman back, I can see moyes playing him over drenthe. Drenthe will get fustrated and leave the club and kill it somewhere else

Plenty wrong with his game, too selfish, out of position far, far too often, doesn't notice obvious stuff. He's like dynamite though, has skill to burn, is one of the fastest players I've ever seen and offers us stuff no other player we've got does and I'd sign him for that reason alone.

If WE don't know what he's going to do, and HE doesn't know what he's going to do, then THEY don't definitely don't know what he's going to do.

He was outstanding yesterday was Roysten, best game he's played whilst here, the same fella could go missing against QPR or two foot someone and get sent of in the first minute, very unpredictable, hope he keeps that form going and proves me wrong mind due

Christ - do you think that if he had massive defensive qualities and superb positional sense to go with his obvious attacking abilities that he would be here potentially on a free transfer. he is 24 and trying too hard to impress but is always part of all our attacking moves. his positioning Will improve under moyes and with age.aye some of you would just prefer another neville instead.

I'll be gutted if we don't sign him up, he's gradually improving each time he plays, if our coaching staff can't tame the animal that is Drenthe then i have no hope atall for any youngsters.

If moyes can't work with these types of players and instead continues with the safe, no frills bog standard work horse types then he Will never take the step up to be a top manager. do you think players like ashley young work their bollocks off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back