Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Madras

Votes: 21 31.8%
  • Balti

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • Other

Votes: 18 27.3%

• Total voters
Made a Chicken Korma and a Beef Massaman curry yesterday for Fathers day. Using Mild Madras powder in the Korma adds a wee lift to the heat over the usually very mild spicing. The Massaman paste I made would have blown your ears off so it was dissapointing that the Coconut milk diluted the heat so much. Still very tasty though.

Hello fellow food fans across the globe.

Having a tough time here picking which Ruby to get tonight, ive been a Korma man all my life, but now I find it bland and boring, so its time to upgrade.

Help me pick!

The choices are what ive narrowed it down too, other options can be suggested.
Call me old school but not sure I’d class Korma as a curry. It’s a sweet milky thing for Wives and Mums.

Might have gone a bit Gene Hunt there, sorry.

If you like to swerve the heat, go with a Balti, tasty and mild. It’s what I go for these days with my old man guts.

Call me old school but not sure I’d class Korma as a curry. It’s a sweet milky thing for Wives and Mums.

If you like to swerve the heat, go with a Balti, tasty and mild. It’s what I go for these days with my old man guts.
Indigestion, heartburn, acid reflux, bloating... Take your pick mate! 😂

Hello fellow food fans across the globe.

Having a tough time here picking which Ruby to get tonight, ive been a Korma man all my life, but now I find it bland and boring, so its time to upgrade.

Help me pick!

The choices are what ive narrowed it down too, other options can be suggested.
Apologies in advance.

You should give chicken tarka a go. It's like chicken tikka, but a little otter.

Traditional korma variants are loads different to the standard one you get in 'indian' takeaways (which themselves are a bit weird seeing how huge and varied the country is'.

It's actually a Mughal/Persian dish and normally made with ground nuts and yoghurt. I make ones like this now and again , and they're not really comparable. It's only really the east Asian side that use coconut milk traditionally. The UK versions aren't really close to anything traditional

Jalfrezi from my local Purple Olive is my go to .
Chutneys with Poppadoms , Onion Bhaji's , Tandoori mixed grill , Sag Aloo , Pilau rice & Peshwari Naan.
For 2 of us , works for me.

Ate in there a few times, never had a bad meal and the staff are sound too.

Made the mistake of going for a drink one time in that Waiting Room bar, just around the corner.

What a yard !

Made a Chicken Korma and a Beef Massaman curry yesterday for Fathers day. Using Mild Madras powder in the Korma adds a wee lift to the heat over the usually very mild spicing. The Massaman paste I made would have blown your ears off so it was dissapointing that the Coconut milk diluted the heat so much. Still very tasty though.
Massaman isn't supposed to be spicy though. Hope you added potatoes to it to make it authentic. 👌

Jalfrezi from my local Purple Olive is my go to .
Chutneys with Poppadoms , Onion Bhaji's , Tandoori mixed grill , Sag Aloo , Pilau rice & Peshwari Naan.
For 2 of us , works for me.
Only been to the Polive (see what I did?) once and it was ok. I always say why go anywhere else but Holdi when you've never had a bad curry from there. Strictly talking take out by the way, much prefer eating in the comfort of home. Well, on the rare occasions I visit LS.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back