Rugby World Cup 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was an immensely satisfying match, everything I wanted , two good teams , a decent ref even the Tv commentators were getting it right. France clearly the better team bit I wouldn’t write the ABs off yet , it may come down to who plays South Africa in the 1/4 final . That was such a competitive game for what 60 mins then France bossed it , as teams get a bit battered , injuries etc these games will open up more and more. An excellent start

Ireland are the other on form team, right?

They must also be favorites.
Ireland have a great starting 15 but they lack the depth of SA and France , this tournament is all about strength in depth as so many injuries occur to all teams . If the Boks give Ireland a physical battering in the Group match it leaves them vulnerable for the 1/4 Finals. This is why making the Grpupings so early are stupid , it’s not just the best teams playing each other but they also end up battering each other in the process leaving good teams weaker.

Ireland are the other on form team, right?

They must also be favorites.
Ireland are number 1 in the World. Cruised to the 6 nations this year. Who knows how they will stand up to the pressure but if you win your group you’d hope for a slightly favourable quarter final. But it’s (almost certainly) going to be the top 4 ranked teams in the World playing each other in the quarter finals. Silly

Well, I heard that the majority of the team are good catholic boys, and apparently the pope paid them a visit in secret last week.

They prayed a full rosary, he gave them communion and he heard their confessions before blessing them! 😱

So, yeah...
And then they got pissed on stout and whiskey and starting boxing with one another... Not before dancing the river dance and then setting out to chase leprechaun so as to find their pot of gold.... 😜

I'm full of BS today mate... Apologies!

Good game of rugby for an opener. Sloppy from NZ second half but France look formidable, some beautiful rugby.
Chic's I always pictured you as a 'Woman's Synchronized Swimming' or 'lawn bowls' kind of sport supporter... 'Not 'Rugby'.

What do you know about that?! You learn something new everyday.

And then they got pissed on stout and whiskey and starting boxing with one another... Not before dancing the river dance and then setting out to chase leprechaun so as to find their pot of gold.... 😜

I'm full of BS today mate... Apologies!

Chic's I always pictured you as a 'Woman's Synchronized Swimming' or 'lawn bowls' kind of sport supporter... 'Not 'Rugby'.

What do you know about that?! You learn something new everyday.
I need to work on my image PR man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back