Rugby World Cup 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
To whom?
Much that I, as a brit, do not support the British establishment a single iota and am embarrassed by my nation, it has to be said that Argentina showed zero interest in the islands at the time Britain claimed them. Claim on an unclaimed land is how all countries first get owned.

Argentina's interest only developed when oil was sniffed and then as a political opportunity to sabre rattle by their junta. Our war ready response was Maggie T's opportunism to gain votes for her failing government by banging the patriotism drum.

It's all cobblers. But they started it. Our harrier jump jet engineers ended it. Maradona cheated us out of a world Cup a few years later. We smash them at the English toff's game at every opportunity.

Ireland will probably deservedly win the cup.
:coffee:

One of those you look forward to watching, same for Lawes who is an insane athlete for a man of his size
He's not a million miles off Greg Inglis in terms of size. Just saying like, and I confess it's possible that Lawes "could" go the length of the field, brushing off several tacklers en route, he just hasn't done so yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back