Russia / Everton

Are we in trouble?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm.

Okay.

Moshiri is the owner of Everton FC.

Moshiri is also the chairman and shareholder of USM, a huge Russian company. Usmanov is the owner.

Moshiri is also the chairman of Metallo invest, a Russian mining company. Usmanov is the major shareholder.

Usmanov is Putin’s mate.

Are we in trouble here lads?

LADS?

EFC will be just as cash-poor and FFP-restricted during and after this war as it was before, so

giphy.gif

That would be great news, but I think either Putin has lost his mind or he is going all in.

This will be probably seriously be the biggest ever u-turn in history if he backs down now.

Thing is Russian propaganda is so great in that country he would be able to spin anything as being Russia winning.

Within 7 days I imagine them and Ukraine will have reached some kind of agreement and troops will be recalled.

We have to just navigate this period while keeping low profile, the war will be over sooner than what everybody thinks and all will be forgotten, just avoid any major long term damages now for the club

My concern is that all of this has highlighted the dirty russIan money and they’re not going to suddenly let it go once Putin backs down.

Regardless of whatever.

If they’ve allowed PIF, and Bewcastle to be allowed they can’t turn round and reject Abramovic and Usmanov’s money.

End of the day, the Premier League is the most popular league in the world and the more money in, the more glamorous it can be.

Football isn’t about football any more. It’s about profit, so even if they only get temporarily frozen, they’ll never be kicked out.

The most important thing is that Russia are halted in Ukraine and Putin faces war crimes. No matter how
it's achieved. I hope when that happens that we're not screwed and still have a wealthy owner and sponsor. Come what may there's more important stuff going on right now innocent people are being killed. Get the tyrant*
out and "then we can talk". So long as the red button hasn't been pressed.

* I mean Putin.

The most important thing is that Russia are halted in Ukraine and Putin faces war crimes. No matter how
it's achieved. I hope when that happens that we're not screwed and still have a wealthy owner and sponsor. Come what may there's more important stuff going on right now innocent people are being killed. Get the tyrant*
out and "then we can talk". So long as the red button hasn't been pressed.

* I mean Putin.
For a second, I thought poor Rafael Benitez was still getting a bad press.

We have to just navigate this period while keeping low profile, the war will be over sooner than what everybody thinks and all will be forgotten, just avoid any major long term damages now for the club

It's just a case of sitting tight.

Hopefully Usmanov pours more money into the club because Everton are still a major asset, especially once the ground is built.

Status
Not open for further replies.