2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad times when we stop pretending to be ambitious and just sign clear bottom half, average as hell work ponies like this guy
Mate you're glass half empty about everything and everyone, have you ever posted anything positive?
The lad is a decent player who will do a job for us, I would bet you moaned about Gray and Townsend also, get behind the players because this is as good as it is going to get for a while.

I think he’ll be a good squad player and will be more effective than Tosun and possibly Kean (though a different type of player). He also means that if we rest Dom in the cups we can play exactly the same way which is useful.

The main issues with Rondon signing are he’s Benitez’ boy who is still widely disliked, he took a pay day in China and we wanted a big exciting signing like Diaz.

He’s ok, solid journeyman, good cover. My concerns are his age and the fact that he has been away from proper footy for a couple of seasons. If he has stayed sharp, if Benitez stays in charge and if age doesn’t catch up with him, the he will prove to be a decent signing. If not, 2 years with an option is a long contract for somebody of his age.

Mate you're glass half empty about everything and everyone, have you ever posted anything positive?
The lad is a decent player who will do a job for us, I would bet you moaned about Gray and Townsend also, get behind the players because this is as good as it is going to get for a while.

Called being an Everton fan, we are trained in the art of pessimism. As for the 3 players mentioned, Palace didn't want one, 1 was playing in China and wasn't great when he was last in this league and there is a reason Gray is only 1.5m.
But feel free to dream big, it will be more ambitious than the club currently are

Called being an Everton fan, we are trained in the art of pessimism. As for the 3 players mentioned, Palace didn't want one, 1 was playing in China and wasn't great when he was last in this league and there is a reason Gray is only 1.5m.
But feel free to dream big, it will be more ambitious than the club currently are
I'm not pessimistic, nor do I feel as an Evertonian that I've been 'trained that way'
You've mentioned 3 players there you're not happy with but they're equivalent to what we can afford at the momen, I f you think back to our trophy laden team in the 80's the team was full of similar misfits, it's about getting behind your team and hoping for the best or why bother.

I like the positive energy and spirit that Mina brings in with Richy, James, Rondon - don't mean to be cliche but that south American connection might bring in some spirit and energy that we have missed recently. Hopefully it's not a clique and Seamus and others also mix well with them. We need a functioning team that all fights for each other and plays together. I was pessimistic about our signings but am positive about Rondon, based on Gray, Townsend and Begovic.

He’s ok, solid journeyman, good cover. My concerns are his age and the fact that he has been away from proper footy for a couple of seasons. If he has stayed sharp, if Benitez stays in charge and if age doesn’t catch up with him, the he will prove to be a decent signing. If not, 2 years with an option is a long contract for somebody of his age.
damned with faint praise. I on the other hand think he will be significantly more useful than the chap we paid £30m for who's just been sent back.

Status
Not open for further replies.