2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no agenda against Benitez, but I can 100% confirm that Rondon is an absolutely disgraceful signing. Don’t care that he’s free, that’s his only plus point!
I was prepared to give him a chance, but he’s so bad,

He has been crap but so have 20+ signings made in the last 7+ years that dont get the level of hatred that this fella has had because he's "Benitez's boy" in their tiny brains.

You csnt debate with these people - Rondon on £4 million wages cost £0 yet Gbamin is on £4 million wages and cost £25 million and has done just as little "BUT LAD DAT FAT RONDON IZ AWFUL LAD WORST SIGNIN IN OUR 'ISTORY".

Its just nonsense and you know if Gray or Townsend hadn't started the season as brightly they would have been on the end of the pitchforks as well they were written off before a ball had even been kicked "terrible" "crap" "Leicester fans know there onions" bla bla bla.

The g
He has been crap but so have 20+ signings made in the last 7+ years that dont get the level of hatred that this fella has had because he's "Benitez's boy" in their tiny brains.

You csnt debate with these people - Rondon on £4 million wages cost £0 yet Gbamin is on £4 million wages and cost £25 million and has done just as little "BUT LAD DAT FAT RONDON IZ AWFUL LAD WORST SIGNIN IN OUR 'ISTORY".

Its just nonsense and you know if Gray or Townsend hadn't started the season as brightly they would have been on the end of the pitchforks as well they were written off before a ball had even been kicked "terrible" "crap" "Leicester fans know there onions" bla bla bla.
The grief that players like iwobi and davies get is ridiculous. As did niasse. As did and even does dcl despite his goals. The grief James got. The grief Coleman, Kenny, Keane, pickford, gomes...... I mean, people were booing about the iwobi sub.

Rondon is worse than the lot of them from his performances so far and that's nothing to do with benitez signing him.

Pure delusion to think he gets grief because of benitez. Benitez will get grief because of rondon, granted. But he has also been praised for the townsend and Gray signings. But to act like other players don't get slammed repeatedly by posters on here is disingenuous.

I think the main backlash this player is getting is due to the reluctance and sheer stubbornness from the manager in realizing his mistake in bringing him in and his inability to haul him off the pitch. I blame the manager more than the player.

Gbamin has practically had a career changing injury, Rondon looks like he should be playing for Marine.

Townsend and gray have started far beyond anyone's expectations or their careers suggested they should. Main thing is if they are still performing as well come may or are they just riding on the good start that we had before the inevitable decline kicks in like usual. Even jelavic looked fantastic for 5 months but very quickly fell away from that standard.

It's too early to judge them as great signings nor is it too late to think they aren't as good as we think they are. Season is 38 games, I'd like to hope come game 38 , both have had the best season of their career.
Rondon had COVID in China btw.
We can't keep blaming poor performances on covid. We have two players that covid keeps getting used as an excuse but haven't seen another player at another club get the same defence!

Status
Not open for further replies.