2021/22 Salomón Rondón

Status
Not open for further replies.
rondon reminds me of a lizard every now and again you see his eyes move and his tongue slips out that just about sums up his contribution. i dont think he can be called a football player hes that bad

The big problem here for me is not that Benitez signed Rondon, it was a mistake, but, mistakes happen and he also signed Townsend and Gray, so he is due some credit for that. The real and very serious problem is that Benitez continues to not alone pick him but also play him for 90 minutes. This is not done for Everton’s benefit, or indeed for Rondon’s benefit, it is done because Benitez’ ego is so big that he can’t admit he has made a mistake and move on.

I wonder, if he hadn’t chased Rondon all summer and eventually managed to sign him, whether it would be a different story. If, for instance, Rondon had already been on the books when Benitez arrived here, I’m sure he would have found another solution to the injuries to DCL and Richarlison. I don’t buy into this ‘there’s nobody else’ rubbish, Gray could have been played up top and we could have stopped slinging crosses into the box every game, or, Dobbin could have been given a chance, he may not be ready yet, but, I wager he is closer to ready than Rondon.

I know it’s not as if he has Brazil’s centre forward to replace Rondon with is it? Oh wait yes he did have on Saturday and yet Rondon still got 90 minutes and a kid who was having a good game was hooked in order to bring the Brazil no.9 on. To add insult to injury, he then reverted to type in his post match interview and insinuated that the lad is not fit enough to play 90 minutes. Hmm and Rondon is.

Townsend and gray have started far beyond anyone's expectations or their careers suggested they should. Main thing is if they are still performing as well come may or are they just riding on the good start that we had before the inevitable decline kicks in like usual. Even jelavic looked fantastic for 5 months but very quickly fell away from that standard.

It's too early to judge them as great signings nor is it too late to think they aren't as good as we think they are. Season is 38 games, I'd like to hope come game 38 , both have had the best season of their career.

We can't keep blaming poor performances on covid. We have two players that covid keeps getting used as an excuse but haven't seen another player at another club get the same defence!
Callum Robinson at West Brom had it August and he can't last a game now

The big problem here for me is not that Benitez signed Rondon, it was a mistake, but, mistakes happen and he also signed Townsend and Gray, so he is due some credit for that. The real and very serious problem is that Benitez continues to not alone pick him but also play him for 90 minutes. This is not done for Everton’s benefit, or indeed for Rondon’s benefit, it is done because Benitez’ ego is so big that he can’t admit he has made a mistake and move on.

I wonder, if he hadn’t chased Rondon all summer and eventually managed to sign him, whether it would be a different story. If, for instance, Rondon had already been on the books when Benitez arrived here, I’m sure he would have found another solution to the injuries to DCL and Richarlison. I don’t buy into this ‘there’s nobody else’ rubbish, Gray could have been played up top and we could have stopped slinging crosses into the box every game, or, Dobbin could have been given a chance, he may not be ready yet, but, I wager he is closer to ready than Rondon.

I know it’s not as if he has Brazil’s centre forward to replace Rondon with is it? Oh wait yes he did have on Saturday and yet Rondon still got 90 minutes and a kid who was having a good game was hooked in order to bring the Brazil no.9 on. To add insult to injury, he then reverted to type in his post match interview and insinuated that the lad is not fit enough to play 90 minutes. Hmm and Rondon is.
I'd love to see the video of Benitez chasing Rondon with the Benny Hill theme tune played over it. Nothing could be more Everton that if it tried.

Callum Robinson at West Brom had it August and he can't last a game now
Josh King had it a few months back. He seems alright.

The thing that annoys me about Rondon is we didn't need to bring him in in the first place. Hear me out: we finished last season with DCL, King and Tosun as our recognised senior strikers, Moise Kean due to return from loan, and Richarlison more than capable of playing there too. We knew however that Tosun was / is useless and will likely never kick a ball for Everton again, and that we hadn't seen much of King because he wasn't picked very often. We knew we needed more wide players and we knew that some of our existing wide players were leaving.

We should have just kept King. He was obviously better than Tosun (not a high bar, granted) and he was already part of the squad, so could have had a full pre-season to get up to fitness. With a degree of certainty around our strikers (DCL, King staying, Richarlison staying, Tosun essentially already gone, Kean a sellable asset) we could then have pursued wide attackers (as indeed Benitez did, by bringing in Townsend and Gray) to feed those strikers, and have Richarlison play wherever most needed at any given time. Instead we let King go, creating a greater need in the squad than was previously the case. Tosun could have gone and we wouldn't have missed him, as could Moise Kean - King was at least in the matchday squad most weeks.

We couldn't have known Rondon would be this ineffective, but we DID know that we would have to wait to see what he would bring to the party. Ironically King would thrive in Benitez' current system - he could play alongside DCL or alone as a single striker, and this would allow us to have Gordon, Richarlison, Gray and Townsend rotate in the two wide spots in a 442 or the 3 attacking midfield spots in a 4231.

We were silly to let King go, simply to replace him with an older, slower, less effective player on a similar salary. In fact, I bet King scores more goals for Watford this season alone than Rondon AND Tosun will in their entire combined Everton careers.

Everton, that.

Josh King had it a few months back. He seems alright.

The thing that annoys me about Rondon is we didn't need to bring him in in the first place. Hear me out: we finished last season with DCL, King and Tosun as our recognised senior strikers, Moise Kean due to return from loan, and Richarlison more than capable of playing there too. We knew however that Tosun was / is useless and will likely never kick a ball for Everton again, and that we hadn't seen much of King because he wasn't picked very often. We knew we needed more wide players and we knew that some of our existing wide players were leaving.

We should have just kept King. He was obviously better than Tosun (not a high bar, granted) and he was already part of the squad, so could have had a full pre-season to get up to fitness. With a degree of certainty around our strikers (DCL, King staying, Richarlison staying, Tosun essentially already gone, Kean a sellable asset) we could then have pursued wide attackers (as indeed Benitez did, by bringing in Townsend and Gray) to feed those strikers, and have Richarlison play wherever most needed at any given time. Instead we let King go, creating a greater need in the squad than was previously the case. Tosun could have gone and we wouldn't have missed him, as could Moise Kean - King was at least in the matchday squad most weeks.

We couldn't have known Rondon would be this ineffective, but we DID know that we would have to wait to see what he would bring to the party. Ironically King would thrive in Benitez' current system - he could play alongside DCL or alone as a single striker, and this would allow us to have Gordon, Richarlison, Gray and Townsend rotate in the two wide spots in a 442 or the 3 attacking midfield spots in a 4231.

We were silly to let King go, simply to replace him with an older, slower, less effective player on a similar salary. In fact, I bet King scores more goals for Watford this season alone than Rondon AND Tosun will in their entire combined Everton careers.

Everton, that.
The Josh King thing underlines just how pathetic Ancelotti was.

An utter fraud who couldn't give a flying one about Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.