Salty Kopite Media

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone decided to be brave yesterday and comment on my picture at Arsenal, saying “time for enjoy my away day for the first time in 6 months” and said “don’t you feel embarrassed that you ran on the pitch for finishing 16th”.

Simple answer was “don’t you feel embarrassed that until 6pm you had a chance to win the Quad and you’re STILL obsessing over us”.

Left on “read”. I have loved this season for the fact it’s opened my eyes to the fact the Kopite despise not being centre of attention.

Mark my words though, if they win the CL on Saturday they’ll go overboard, and do something ridiculous, reeling at the fact no one is paying attention.

They expected the quad and Everton’s relegation. Why shouldn’t they, they live in a world where they have 24/7 media coverage telling them they are the greatest team in history with the greatest manager, the best players ever in every position, the best stadium, and the best fans. They’ve also watched a number of years now where almost every bounce of every ball has gone their way and when it hasn’t a referee has been around to sort it anyway. There’s kids who have grown up who have never seen them lose a game at Anfield (and very rarely draw).

They just thought everything was going their way. Our relegation, the title, the immortals, the quadruple.

What’s annoying them most is that it actually was but then two teams stood up to show them that the league isn’t just themselves and 19 other non entities. They don’t have sole ownership on passionate fanbases (nowhere near it), and they’re not the only team who can mount a miraculous comeback. As soon as even 1% media attention has been dragged from them to Everton and City they’ve thrown their toys out the pram.

Truly embarrassing media coverage.
Great post.

there will have been documentaries and programmes already made ready to go on air about how the mighty Everton have fallen.
You're spot on with that.
Idiot that I am, I always was astounded when someone of note dies and within hours you read the obituaries and I'm thinking how do they get all that info in so short a time.
Then it dawns on me that the things are already written.

They expected the quad and Everton’s relegation. Why shouldn’t they, they live in a world where they have 24/7 media coverage telling them they are the greatest team in history with the greatest manager, the best players ever in every position, the best stadium, and the best fans. They’ve also watched a number of years now where almost every bounce of every ball has gone their way and when it hasn’t a referee has been around to sort it anyway. There’s kids who have grown up who have never seen them lose a game at Anfield (and very rarely draw).

They just thought everything was going their way. Our relegation, the title, the immortals, the quadruple.

What’s annoying them most is that it actually was but then two teams stood up to show them that the league isn’t just themselves and 19 other non entities. They don’t have sole ownership on passionate fanbases (nowhere near it), and they’re not the only team who can mount a miraculous comeback. As soon as even 1% media attention has been dragged from them to Everton and City they’ve thrown their toys out the pram.

Truly embarrassing media coverage.
Against us, Chelsea in the cup and yesterday they pushed someone over in the box stone wall pens yet non given. Had a few bad bad tackles as well not given and mane poked Holgate in the face and nothing. Yet they feel Ref are hard in them. They live in a total fantasy land… thank god for City

Surely any doubt over media bias can now be laid to rest?

Granted it's only the Guardian and BBC I've looked at (be arsed with the red tops and mail, and no way am I paying), but any reference to City fans assaulting the Villa GK seem to have been buried this morning. I actually had to search for it.

Now contrast that with coverage of our pitch invasion. Also, of all the end of season ones to have happened, ours actually appears to have been the most peaceful. Veira wasn't physically attacked, he was the one lashing out. And it was our own supporters that stepped in to police and de-esculate the situation.

Yet we're the only ones where punishment is mentioned in the same sentence as us, and every article going on about how pitch invasions are getting out of hand show Goodison as the headline picture?

In all fairness, once players and managers are hassled and worse then it's understandable. Sometimes the blue-tinted specs should be removed because, like the media are saying since the Billy Sharp incident, it's only a matter of time before something unimaginable happens.
I can agree with the general point, but not the blue-tinted specs. After Billy Sharp was assaulted it seemed like the emphasis was on finding and punishing the offender, but after Goodison it was pitch invasions in general because there was no physical violence they could point to. I think its undeniable that there has been some anti-Everton sentiment on display in the media response.

theres always a story with the media. they make it up as they go to explain the decisions against us. Vs Tottenham, when Richey shouldve had a nailed on pen, Shearer went `well you see here, Richarlison got up too quick so it wasnt given`

Still got a bad vibe they are gonna try and hurt us about the pitch invasions at Goodison and the etihad - the coverage is ridiculous, even bloody gmb were cryarsing over viera this morning with expert Michael Owen ffs!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

You're spot on with that.
Idiot that I am, I always was astounded when someone of note dies and within hours you read the obituaries and I'm thinking how do they get all that info in so short a time.
Then it dawns on me that the things are already written.
It has been common practice for many years for TV and print media companies to pre-prepare obits for well known personalities so they are ready even in the event of sudden death.

It wouldn't surprise me if SSN had one ready for us. They would cream themselves - imagine listening to Spitty :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.