Sam Allardyce

So, what next?

• IN. Give him a chance and see what he can do?

Votes: 79 8.3%
  • OUT. Thanks but no thanks. See Ya?

Votes: 758 79.3%
  • As ever. Cheese on Toast

Votes: 25 2.6%
  • Er, I am a bit scared of us Evertoning this right up.

Votes: 94 9.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we can give BFS as an emotional thank you as those hypocritical Arsenal fans have just given Arsene Wenger

The first part I agree with but it's a short term very hit and miss strategy. The second part I am not sure if you are serious or not, but when he doesn't go for away games and gives up against top six sides, not a prayer.

It's quite a casual observation but if you take the number of people on here who wanted Koeman (or were thrilled with his appointment) to be around 80-90% of posters (an overwhelming majority at the least) and then look at his tactic of having Bolasie as the fulcrum of our attack then I think that shows that either those same posters have changed their opinion of this tactic (and koeman) or just don't like Allardyce personally.

Surely If they were 'made up' with Koeman and his tactics they should be supporting Allardyce who doesn't only focus on Bolasie but also Walcott and Tosun too.

Perhaps if Koeman had more money to spend he could have signed Tosun and Walcott and led us into 8th in the table.

I wonder if he would have been given more credit than Allardyce for this achievement.

It's quite a casual observation but if you take the number of people on here who wanted Koeman (or were thrilled with his appointment) to be around 80-90% of posters (an overwhelming majority at the least) and then look at his tactic of having Bolasie as the fulcrum of our attack then I think that shows that either those same posters have changed their opinion of this tactic (and koeman) or just don't like Allardyce personally.

Surely If they were 'made up' with Koeman and his tactics they should be supporting Allardyce who doesn't only focus on Bolasie but also Walcott and Tosun too.

Perhaps if Koeman had more money to spend he could have signed Tosun and Walcott and led us into 8th in the table.

I wonder if he would have been given more credit than Allardyce for this achievement.
Im proud to say i never wanted Koeman. First thing I've ever got right..ever

That said, I thought Walsh would be a good idea. So that makes it a score draw.

Shut up Zat.

For me at first I wasn’t arsed about the style because we needed points and he did that. However we have been safe for a while now and he hasn’t even tried to try and play better footy which went completely against what he said when he took the job, that he would show everyone he wasn’t just that type of manager that people thought he was. That is what does my head in as the footy has been absolutely dire recently when we were safe.

Then you have to add the way he speaks about the club, the fans and the players which has been shocking! For me even if he was to stay next season then he will be gone the summer after when his contract is up so what is the point keeping him now. All that would happen is we wil spend a load of money again on players that fit his garbage style of footy and then the next manager would want to change it all.

So to sum up get him out now please! Couldn’t cope with this garbage again next season.

WRONG

Koemans style was to get it out wide and play percentage balls into the box for the big lump.

Sams style over the years has been to lump it up top to the big man and feed off the scraps in the box.

I'm going to be honest.

We're not good enough for anyone like Fonesca, and I think Silva is Martinez Mk II.

I'd quite happily give Allardyce another season, if we finish 7th next season then we can then start approaching bigger and better managers.

I dont like him as a person or as a manager and was against him before he came and am still against him now. He had a mandate which was to not get relegated. (IMO we weren’t in danger of being relegated and was a knee jerk reaction to how poor we were in Europe). He did that job, and that should be that. He has proven his character with the way he speaks about the fans and puts all blame on players but then claims all credit. He got the results needed but with some of the worst football I’ve ever watched. He depended on individual moments of skill to win us games. He performed no better against the top 7 than Koeman did, against the same 6 teams Koeman played, he also only got one point and conceded god knows how many.

I don’t agree with the personal insults for the sake of calling him fat etc and I have generally refrained from doing that, or calling him BFS but by his actual nickname BS. But I don’t disagree with the booing or the atmosphere created because as stakeholders of the club (which we all are as we all pay money to watch, buy merch etc) that is our way to show the owners and the media how we feel. BS can go and slate the fans to the media and it’s national news. We can’t do that unless we boo etc. He needs out of our club for a number of reasons, but mostly because he has no ideas other than hoofball for 40 points, and he has shown that by since us being safe, he hasn’t changed it. And that sort of play, cannot get you into the top 6. And if the performances end up being like this seasons, I think it would end up being swathes of enpty seats, I know I couldn’t suffer through another season of these performances.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back