SC Paderborn 9th August

Status
Not open for further replies.
BS that it's to early, every other team has been playing their WC players, a lot of them went further than Belgium to. Worrying no game time before the season starts.

I think it's more that if they were to be involved in the game it has a big affect on what training and conditioning they can do both before and after the game.

But my gripe would be the Belgians have been afforeded too much of a break. They could of been back a week earlier really, thus having this game for some valuable mins on the pitch.

I'm not to worried about the lads not playing games. Martinez is a qualified physiotherapist so I'm sure he's on top of what's required to be peak for the start of the season. Most of the World Cup lads don't need a pre season so it's not like they need to build up fitness

I'm not to worried about the lads not playing games. Martinez is a qualified physiotherapist so I'm sure he's on top of what's required to be peak for the start of the season. Most of the World Cup lads don't need a pre season so it's not like they need to build up fitness

Suppose it's better to have a player in peak physical condition but lacking match sharpness....than having a player match fit but in poor physical condition ready to break down.

I just hope however we do it, we beat Leicester, then get the Chelsea and arse games out the way by which point all players should be up to speed to crack on

Worrying that Mirallas & Lukaku are considered 'too much of a risk' to be involved tomorrow.

Doesn't sound promising ahead of Leicester next week.

They had an extra two weeks playing last season on anyone else in the squad due to the world cup.

Given Martinez is a qualified physio

Trust him to ensure in the bigger picture they will perform over the whole season.

Not see their hamstrings explode Moyes style

They had an extra two weeks playing last season on anyone else in the squad due to the world cup.

Given Martinez is a qualified physio

Trust him to ensure in the bigger picture they will perform over the whole season.

Not see their hamstrings explode Moyes style

They were given too long off, stop defending the undefendable.

Gotta put browning at rb, should be playing against leicester in that position unless coleman recovers, can't be starting hibbert, way too slow for epl now

maybe, but we haven't seen much of him there tbh, I'd probably like besic in midfield that day, we'll need some creativity that day
He's played there though. I can imagine Barry and McCarthy in midfield vs Leicester, with Besic on the bench unless he starts at RB. If Hibbert starts and Besic is on the bench I will cry tears of fury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back