Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took my misses to the game yesterday for a change.Got back in the car and she just looked at me and said I think your gonna go down after watching that.ffs Everton .
My misses just looks at me after each game at the moment and says you lost again didn't you....she just knows :(

..I suspect anything other than a victory against Watford will mean the end of Unsworth trial
I suspect that he has failed whatever trial he was given. A miracle in the next 2 games is required to get the job. If he can even the keel on this floundering ship, then he will have done all that could possibly be asked of him.

You kiddin? We have no striker basically we can't score. We can't defend the whole team whoever gets picked looked lost and totally fearful. We're already 3 a drift could be 6 nxt week. Once that happens it usually worsens. But it's sound let's not worry aye.... Ffs lad get real this is happening

Agree mostly but we aren’t adrift at all mate. We are 4 points from mid table. Might as well be 20 points at the minute like but still true.

• Play a skeleton side in Lyon - the final result really doesn't matter at this point.

• Consider Watford at home Unsworth's last throw of the dice - set up a positive team and demand that they stay on the front foot for the entire 90 minutes and get bodies to support the attack as often as possible. The least surprising thing that could happen is that we still lose the game, so just go for it.

• Appoint Tuchel at the top of the international break, giving him as much time as possible to work with at least some of the players until the next game.

• Get through to January with a view the picking up maximum points at home at the very least. Those are West Ham, Huddersfield and Swansea (we also have Chelsea but... yeah). In that period we also have Palace, West Brom & Bournemouth away which we should be looking to take some points away from, particularly Palace & Bournemouth as they're the only two currently beneath us in the table.

• When Barkley is fit again, which I'm guessing will be around December time, get him straight back into the squad.

• The chances are that the Atalanta and Limassol games will be dead rubbers, so treat them as such and move on - write off the Europa campaign as a failure.

• The most important next step - use the January window to recruit a quality striker (or two) and get the bloody defence sorted out whilst we're at it! Cannot stress the importance of this enough. If we're still languishing at the bottom and the window passes without significant recruitment in the obvious areas then we can kiss our Premier League status goodbye.

• With (hopefully!) the right recruits brought in and Europe out of the way we should 100% be looking to significantly improve our form going into February. You'd also imagine that this would be around the time that Coleman & Bolasie will be re-introduced so we'll need to get them up to speed asap.

• Regarding the FA Cup - depending on our opening round draw and our league form we should be playing it by ear based on these two factors. If we're still struggling in the league we may as well consider this a write-off too, Premier League survival is absolutely priority number one.

• Look to finish the season in the top half and take stock in May - another major squad overhaul will undoubtedly be required.

We need to play the Koeman men against Lyon.

That game will give Unsworth a chance to see who is interested in being here. Then play a mixture of both against Watford. Plus we really have to decide without a CF how do we play. DCL and Niasse aren't good enough. We need to find another way and it's possible because there's plenty of teams who play without one at least from time to time.

• The most important next step - use the January window to recruit a quality striker (or two) and get the bloody defence sorted out whilst we're at it! Cannot stress the importance of this enough. If we're still languishing at the bottom and the window passes without significant recruitment in the obvious areas then we can kiss our Premier League status goodbye.

THIS - The board literally have one window to save our premier league status.

Grown men saying they are 'scared' - Jesus wept, grow a pair.

So much bed wetting going on.

The 90s were far worse, far far worse.

Get a decent manager in and it's sorted. Jan round the corner.

Squad is unbalanced but has quality players.

Was the 90s worse tho? At least we had players then who were willing to fight for the team. I might be bed wetting a bit but jesus we are in real danger here.

I wonder if the board/Walsh had delivered the CB and striker Koeman had publicly stated he wanted would we still be in this mess? Rooney coming back to win trophies? He's come back to take us down, we are knee deep in [Poor language removed] and sinking quickly

Shut your trap Suntan, this is mostly your fault and you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back