Scared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until today I thought we'll sort it, after today's game I actually started to get concerned, I can't see where the points are coming from, where still conceding and say we trying to be ambitious in bringing Tuchel in can he work with a team under preasyr? Maybe we need a manager who is proven in the prem to keep us safe then go for the big manager in the summer

Unfortunately koeman has left us in right shithole situation

I felt far lower after that 3-0 defeat at Sunderland at the end of Martinez' reign. I also reckon the Smith years were slightly worse. But no, this is still really bad.

No chance. That game was meaningless in the grand scheme of things and only put the final nail in Martinez's coffin which we all knew was coming. This right now is the most dismal time I can remember in my time watching Everton, as bad as the Smith era.

I felt far lower after that 3-0 defeat at Sunderland at the end of Martinez' reign. I also reckon the Smith years were slightly worse. But no, this is still really bad.
I actually feel it's worse this time, maybe the years have softened my feelings on the Smith regime but I am genuinely worried about this team, they look like they have no fight or any leaders.

The major saving grace is that it's still relatively early in the season, with injured players still to return and a January transfer window to come.

I'll be scared if we're still in the bottom three come February.

By Jan 1st we'll have played another 11 league games mate (21 in total) and I just can't see where our next win comes from at this moment. Also, the injured players to come back are still a way off you would think.

After the next international break it’s an absolutely relentless period of football until the middle of January. As a winter run in goes normally you’d only look at Chelsea and the derby as seriously hard fixtures, but with the way we’re playing and the personnel at our disposal we are under a lot of pressure. We’re going to be playing teams also in desperate need of wins and I have a feeling opposition teams will see us as defensively fragile, a soft touch and impotent in attack- in short we’re there for the taking. We should be scared.

January is potentially the biggest transfer window in the clubs (recent) history. As is the next managerial appointment, but that is honestly moot if major backing isn’t given in January. Don’t forget- we don’t have any more saleable assets to fund our spend, so Mosh better cough up some serious net spend.

Not that this weak bunch of footballers are worthy of excuses, but maybe after Thursday we will be out of the Europa league and we can just focus on the league games. Whichever manager is in charge, is going to need serious time on the training ground to arrest this alarming slide from top 7 to relegation candidates in the space of a few months. I have never been as worried about our future prospects (relegation fight) as I am now.

I'm just numb. Whilst some of you were assuming we'd win the league this season, I was worried before a ball was kicked in August:

Average manager (now sacked thankfully)

Fraud owner

Kenwright (enough said)

Bang average signings with no pace

It was always going to end in tears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back