• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Scottish football

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 28206
  • Start date Start date
Former Liverpool and Scotland centre-back Alan Hansen, 68, is "seriously ill".

The Anfield club announced on Sunday their "legendary" former captain is in hospital.

"The thoughts and support of everyone at Liverpool FC are with our legendary former captain Alan Hansen, who is currently seriously ill in hospital," a statement read.

What did you all make of the Scotland v Finland game last night? I thought the first half was pretty poor, the second half was better, at times.
I thought we had spells where we played some decent stuff, pressed well and were trying to change things up.. Then pure school boy defending at times. I think it showed the good and bad parts of our team at the one time.

I'm looking forward to seeing how Shankland does, I have a feeling he's going to bang a few in over there. But we just a few centre-halves and a prolific striker away from being a decent team, to say the least
Hanley gives me the fear!!!

"Ach we'll hammer the Swiss on Wed anyway" attitude in full view there!
Looks like they're loving the trip.
They are mate and as you know the result won't put too much of a dent in their spirits.
They saw him passing through a square with minders, one of them tried to speak for him saying he was too busy to stop, he said no I'm okay and stopped for a couple of photos.
Fair enough must have chilled a bit in his old age.
Random thought here, I think what he did at Aberdeen (knowing what they're up against with the old firm) was equal to if not bigger to his achievements at Man U.
Just a thought......

They are mate and as you know the result won't put too much of a dent in their spirits.
They saw him passing through a square with minders, one of them tried to speak for him saying he was too busy to stop, he said no I'm okay and stopped for a couple of photos.
Fair enough must have chilled a bit in his old age.
Random thought here, I think what he did at Aberdeen (knowing what they're up against with the old firm) was equal to if not bigger to his achievements at Man U.
Just a thought......
Sure they'll have moved on from that embarrassment last night by now, have they got tickets for the games?
Wee bonus meeting Fergie.

Yeah what he achieved at pittodrie was phenomenal and ultimately it was this that convinced Utd to give him the time he needed to mould them into what they eventually became, his achievements at Aberdeen were amazing but what he did at Man Utd, consistently winning trophies at the highest level while completely rebuilding his teams over the period he was in charge was genius!

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back