2021/22 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes been done since the leg break so I can forgive him bad preformences even though I desperately want him out of the team.

What leaves me ripping my hair out is how he is the worst full time captain we've ever had. If there is ever any trouble he is never anywhere to be seen. A game like today with the ref was blatantly on spurs side and every decision he just shrugs his shoulders and walks away. For both var checks the ref walks past him going on and off the pitch and he says nothing to him. If that was Henderson or maguire they'd of walked ever step of the way with the ref to the monitor making damn sure he made the decision they wanted.

Him as a captain is a walking billboard of the absolute shambles this club is under preforming and a heart the size of a pea.

I was done with him when son broke gomes ankle and he went in to the spurs dressing room to see if son was okay tbf. Should of been stripped of the captaincy that very night.

Hes been done since the leg break so I can forgive him bad preformences even though I desperately want him out of the team.

What leaves me ripping my hair out is how he is the worst full time captain we've ever had. If there is ever any trouble he is never anywhere to be seen. A game like today with the ref was blatantly on spurs side and every decision he just shrugs his shoulders and walks away. For both var checks the ref walks past him going on and off the pitch and he says nothing to him. If that was Henderson or maguire they'd of walked ever step of the way with the ref to the monitor making damn sure he made the decision they wanted.

Him as a captain is a walking billboard of the absolute shambles this club is under preforming and a heart the size of a pea.

I was done with him when son broke gomes ankle and he went in to the spurs dressing room to see if son was okay tbf. Should of been stripped of the captaincy that very night.
This is me as well, when Son broke Gomes Ankle what Coleman did afterwards was a disgrace.
Should be nowhere near the 1st team nevermind captain

Think that's unfair mate. Hes not Jags level of invisibility when it comes to getting stuck in. The son thing really peed me off like but I think he does get on the refs back at times but prob not enough

We need to get a new right back in more than any position. Seamus always gives his all but he gives possession away too cheaply at this level. Doesn't ask enough questions of the opposition going forward. His defending is ok but we need fresh blood so we have better attacking from both sides of the pitch,

what a load of rubbish.
Yes, he's never been great at crossing which I think he knows, as he tends to prefer the shorter cut back.
Yes, he hasn't been the same since his leg brake.
But over all he's been an outstanding servant to Everton.
Yesterday he played in a back 4 that kept a clean sheet, he played the whole game with a kid playing his first 90 mins in front of him, he's playing for a manager who is clearly telling his full backs to be a bit more conservative. There were a few misplaced passes but he looked solid to me and gave Gordon plenty of room and assistance.

It's a shame, because he was one of the better right-backs in the league from around 2012/13 until his injury, but he's going to end up overstaying his welcome to the point where nobody can stand the sight of him, if he hasn't reached that stage already.

It's a shame, because he was one of the better right-backs in the league from around 2012/13 until his injury, but he's going to end up overstaying his welcome to the point where nobody can stand the sight of him, if he hasn't reached that stage already.
Reached that stage over two years ago for me. Not his fault, of course he's going up continue earning big bucks while it's being offered, but a disgrace that he still hasn't been replaced with somebody more capable. His bleedin' crossing is amongst the worst I've ever witnessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back