2022/23 Seamus Coleman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming we play 3 at the back this season, do we see Coleman as back up with Patterson preferred at RWB? Offers more in that role IMO.

200.gif

Or maybe move him into the "Mark Noble" role Moyes had going on at West Ham, mind you not position wise, but role-wise.

Have some young guy captain the team on the pitch, but Coleman remains the club captain, and comes in as impact sub for crucial games, he still has skills for limited number of minutes.

He really needs be used sparingly, but then who is taking up his mantle on the right of defense? Patterson, I am not too convinced is upto it, but what do I know?

What I am really afraid of, is that the club will once again bungle up on Coleman's replacement and he will bear the brunt of "fans" ire for his ageing and tiring legs. I fervently hope that does not happen but...... We are Everton, ain't we?

I was born and raised there, but I've lived in Georgia for about 10 years now. My family still lives there, though. But I was born an Alabama football fan, and that doesn't change wherever I live. Haha

You?
Yeah man! RTR all day! I live in Montgomery. We finally have a decent spot that shows the Premier League. Watching the match there today.

Coleman offers the chance to be camped in our own half being targeted by the opposition and overloaded on his side for 90 minutes.

He'll be a RB starter this season. There is no question about that.

That's why I've argued constantly we need another player on the right who can defend and challenge him for that place.

He'll be a RB starter this season. There is no question about that.

That's why I've argued constantly we need another player on the right who can defend and challenge him for that place.

There is a question about it, and I’m posing it. Happy to revisit this in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.