2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only point in getting a new manager in our circumstances is to get us out if this mess. If he doesn't, he'll have failed. Fair or not.
The Board should have got rid of Frank after the two Bournemouth games debacle, plus the World cup space etc to prepare for the new restart in the Prem with Dyche or A N Other.....- we have won nothing v teams around us with Frank at the helm ....

You said it was sensible and uninspiring. I was being sarcastic, I’ll take sensible of uninspiring over a stupid gamble that supporters may have found more ‘inspiring’. IMO he’s the manager we should have appointed instead of Benitez and I don’t think we would have been in this mess had we done so.

Some am not saying all players want to work under certain managers yeah the money helps but we literally only got Onana because of Frank.

Literally says Lampard played one of the biggest parts in his decision so thanks for that.

One of. Not the *only* reason as you previously said. You really need to learn when the word literally is applicable.

And again, there's nothing in there to suggest that only Lampard himself or someone with his playing reputation could have played that part. Read it again and show me what suggests that *only* Lampard could have done what he did.

Anyone expecting anything out of the next two games even with a new manager needs to have their head examined.
To be fair people were saying the same for the away match at City. We are talking Everton here mate.

I'd expect and hope for a point of 2 out of the next 2 games, especially with an experienced battler in charge and a bit of a new strike force up top ;)

Ok. Here are my Sean Dyche predictions. I'm going to stop short of predicting whether we stay up or not, but here are some things I'm expecting/hoping/fearing we'll see:

1. We'll see a drastic shift in the team in terms of the clarity and structure with which we play. We seriously lacked identity under Lampard, but I think we'll look a heck of a lot more cohesive with Dyche. Not saying it will be pretty, but it will be organised and we will be better for it.

2. Neal Maupay will play a significant role as a pressing striker alongside DCL. He's the kind of waspish nuisance defenders hate and if Dyche goes for his favoured 442 we might actually get some value out of him. He'll become the Ashley Barnes/Vydra of this team and weigh in with 5-6 goals.

3. Onana will be monster in Dyche's team. He'll winn aerial duels all over the place and will relish the clarity Dyche brings to his game.

4. Tarkowski will have a very, very strong second half to the season. I'm tempted to predict this will be alongside Michael Keane - but I'm not sure I can bring myself to believe that there's a renaissance in him, and suspect Dyche will be happy to work with Coady.

5. One of Gray/Iwobi or maybe both is going to get sidelined in Dyche's team. I can't quite see where they fit in his favoured system - unless he goes 4411 in which case Iwobi might play off DCL whilst working his arse off as an extra CM when defending. Gray I can't see as being defence-minded enough.

The Board should have got rid of Frank after the two Bournemouth games debacle, plus the World cup space etc to prepare for the new restart in the Prem with Dyche or A N Other.....- we have won nothing v teams around us with Frank at the helm ....
Should've, didn't, new man's job is to keep us up. If he doesn't, his appointment was a failure.

Ok. Here are my Sean Dyche predictions. I'm going to stop short of predicting whether we stay up or not, but here are some things I'm expecting/hoping/fearing we'll see:

1. We'll see a drastic shift in the team in terms of the clarity and structure with which we play. We seriously lacked identity under Lampard, but I think we'll look a heck of a lot more cohesive with Dyche. Not saying it will be pretty, but it will be organised and we will be better for it.

2. Neal Maupay will play a significant role as a pressing striker alongside Dominic Calvert-Lewin. He's the kind of waspish nuisance defenders hate and if Dyche goes for his favoured 442 we might actually get some value out of him. He'll become the Ashley Barnes/Vydra of this team and weigh in with 5-6 goals.

3. Onana will be monster in Dyche's team. He'll winn aerial duels all over the place and will relish the clarity Dyche brings to his game.

4. Tarkowski will have a very, very strong second half to the season. I'm tempted to predict this will be alongside Michael Keane - but I'm not sure I can bring myself to believe that there's a renaissance in him, and suspect Dyche will be happy to work with Coady.

5. One of Gray/Iwobi or maybe both is going to get sidelined in Dyche's team. I can't quite see where they fit in his favoured system - unless he goes 4411 in which case Iwobi might play off Dominic Calvert-Lewin whilst working his arse off as an extra CM when defending. Gray I can't see as being defence-minded enough.
& our left back will be still MIA ?

2. Neal Maupay will play a significant role as a pressing striker alongside Dominic Calvert-Lewin. He's the kind of waspish nuisance defenders hate and if Dyche goes for his favoured 442 we might actually get some value out of him. He'll become the Ashley Barnes/Vydra of this team and weigh in with 5-6 goals.

5. One of Gray/Iwobi or maybe both is going to get sidelined in Dyche's team. I can't quite see where they fit in his favoured system - unless he goes 4411 in which case Iwobi might play off Dominic Calvert-Lewin whilst working his arse off as an extra CM when defending. Gray I can't see as being defence-minded enough.
Agree with most of that, but no way in hell Iwobi gets dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back