2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s improving the team and got them going in an upward trajectory. If we can progress again this season then he’ll have taken us from a relegation threatened team to a mid table side. A decent job surely.
I was only taking the mick. You’re right, he has done a good job, in ridiculously challenging circumstances. Time will tell if he can take us further (and make us better to watch while doing so), but he’s earned the chance to take us into Bramley Moore Dock.

I want nothing more than to see us get back to our 80s glory, but I’ll settle for a couple of years of steady (if uninspiring) progress, and the rebuilding of the academy, after Moshiri’s maniac reign.

And also played absolute garbage in the other game against us and got relegated in the same season. Extremely well it was not, if anything we were hot garbage and in a slump, playing a dynamic midfield duo of Gomes and Davies.

Why hyperfixate on one result like this? :lol:
Because that’s what they do , surprised he didn’t mention him getting them into Europe again

You don’t think Ingurrlund will be interested?
You hold him in high regard surely you expect him to be considered for Cockney United ?

….i think he’s done fantastic with the resources he has at Everton but the unknown is whether he can build a successful team with better footballers. That’s what he now needs to do. I think he could be even better with better resources but that’s unproven.

I actually think he would make a great international coach. Most of them are awful so he would probably be one of the best in the world- albeit against much lesser caliber of coaching. The international game is a retirement home for managers.

….i think he’s done fantastic with the resources he has at Everton but the unknown is whether he can build a successful team with better footballers. That’s what he now needs to do. I think he could be even better with better resources but that’s unproven.
Sorry but do you think he is good enough to be considered for Southgate’s replacement?
He is one of very few indigenous managers.
Surely if he is as good as you contend he will merit serious consideration for the role ?

I actually think he would make a great international coach. Most of them are awful so he would probably be one of the best in the world- albeit against much lesser caliber of coaching. The international game is a retirement home for managers.
I think he is natural successor to Allardyce and Southgate.
I hope he gets the chance to prove himself on the national stage.
Good luck Sean!

Sorry but do you think he is good enough to be considered for Southgate’s replacement?
He is one of very few indigenous managers.
Surely if he is as good as you contend he will merit serious consideration for the role ?

….i wouldn’t consider him myself for the reasons I said.

if I’m interviewing for a job, I want evidence that the candidate is up to the task. I suspect Dyche could build a better team with better players but it’s something he hasn’t achieved as yet. It’s the big challenge for him at Everton once the new owner comes in.

He’s proven he can do more with less, he’s not proven he can do even more with more.

Last edited:
most of the England squad play for top attacking teams. It would be incredibly stupid for the FA to hire another defence first manager
There aren’t many options though .
Howe, Potter and possibly Carsley ? spring to mind .
Realistically Dyche has to be under consideration just by virtue of being a warm body if nothing else 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.