2023/24 Sean Dyche

Lampard could have never pulled off the last two results before todays game mate. Its horses for courses - Dyche got Burnley into Europe whereas Lampard got Chelsea into midtable.

No one is saying Dyche is the ginger Guardiola - what is being said is every midtable manager in our reach is going to have inherent flaws to their game and Dyche is no different.

We've been consistently one of the lowest spenders in the league for the past 3 seasons and that will translate into the quality of our squad / performance in the league.

We've improved the attack this summer but ultimately our defence has weakened with Coleman/Coady/Mina not in the side. Young and Myko are struggling and Gueye is clearly passed his best. Branthwaite has a big future but I dont think a back 4 suits him - against Villa we were much more secure in a 343 and I hope that is the system we'll go with going forward once Harrison is fully fit - Garner and Onana in the middle.

If he doesn't do that and we end up in the bottom 3 then he may inevitably end up in trouble - although I cant see Moshiri or those vultures 777 being too keen to pay him off if we're not cut adrift.
Got Burnley to 7th once and got them relegated Twice

But the narrative we're constantly told is that Dyche was brought in because he's good working with limited finances. Can't have your cake and eat it.

Dyche was brought in to keep us in the PL whilst the stadium is being built, nothing more, nothing less.

He achieved that last season and he's on course to achieve it this season.

I cant believe we're even having this conversation after the masterclass against Brentford & Villa. If the players on the pitch did their jobs today we win that game. Dyche takes a portion of the blame of course but man for man we should be beating Luton even if Ronald Mcdonald was in the dug out.

Dyche was brought in to keep us in the PL whilst the stadium is being built, nothing more, nothing less.

I cant believe we're even having this conversation after the masterclass against Brentford & Villa. If the players on the pitch did their jobs today we win that game. Dyche takes a portion of the blame of course but man for man we should be beating Luton even if Ronald Mcdonald was in the dug out.
What? How?

Is he on course for that?

Other teams results achieved that for us last season and this season is looking very ropey regards to keeping us up. As for him being brought in to keep us in the PL while the stadium is being built, who says that's correct? Was it in his job description? Shouldn't his job as Everton manager be to try and win every game we play? What is this mediocrity that's been made up by people making excuses for him, unless you were sitting in on the job interview, it's just not true.

I am actually over next week if anyone fancies a knock. The stipulation being that I've to wear a bald cap for my Dyche support and the opponent has to wear a conservative pin badge for their support of Lampard.