2023/24 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves are this years Leeds i see.....

A lot of chips placed on O' Neill this morning.
Wolves have a poor squad but O'Neill is an impressive character who should have been kept on at Bournemouth and will go far in the game, but he needs a bit more experience yet imo.

Wolves have a poor squad but O'Neill is an impressive character who should have been kept on at Bournemouth and will go far in the game, but he needs a bit more experience yet imo.
I wouldn't say they have a poor squad Sa, Neto, Gomes, Hwang, Cuhna, Doyle, Sarabia, Kilman, Ait Nouri are all decent players!

Pretty similar to us i think were we don't have bad players, its just there isn't really any plan or consistency behind them! And maybe haven't been coached very well for a little while

I dont know where the shouts are coming from really really mate - an appearance on MNF, he has a lot to prove, he wasn't the one who got Bourmouth promoted, he kept them up admittedly - but that's it really. Wolves are bit of good fortune ahead of us.

He may well go on to be a good manager, but i'm not sure he has provided the evidance base or longevity to draw the types of conclusions on this we are seeing, certainly comparatively to our manager in what Burnley VS Bourmouth/Wolves achieved (thus far) .

Last edited:

Thought we were set up well on the weekend, we did struggle in the final third but the amount of times we got into good areas and players would waste the ball didn't help in the first half.

After the sending off, the game became very, very difficult. Switching to a 5-3-1 did work. I don't want to labour on the fact Konate should have walked too much, at the end of the day, we would have stood a better chance had it been 10 v 10 but who's to say that they wouldn't have sneaked a goal anyway.

The negatives people will point to are Young and Keane. I think it's fair on Young, he's made a lot of mistakes now, for a player of his experience to be costing us is a definite bench for me. With Keane, I have more sympathy for the manager, the back 5 was working. That said, it seems like whenever Keane puts on an Everton jersey, some misfortune will befall us. Even away to Villa in the cup, of course their goal deflected in off of Keane even though he had a good game.

His only other options in a back 5 were Godfrey, who I think would have been terrorised, or moving Mykolenko to LCB and leaving McNeil on as a LWB, but Mykolenko was having a good game against Salah, and that option means you are playing 2 players slightly out of position.

2 tough league games ahead, but I would be disappointed to not see us pick up at least 2 points here.

Thought we were set up well on the weekend, we did struggle in the final third but the amount of times we got into good areas and players would waste the ball didn't help in the first half.

After the sending off, the game became very, very difficult. Switching to a 5-3-1 did work. I don't want to labour on the fact Konate should have walked too much, at the end of the day, we would have stood a better chance had it been 10 v 10 but who's to say that they wouldn't have sneaked a goal anyway.

The negatives people will point to are Young and Keane. I think it's fair on Young, he's made a lot of mistakes now, for a player of his experience to be costing us is a definite bench for me. With Keane, I have more sympathy for the manager, the back 5 was working. That said, it seems like whenever Keane puts on an Everton jersey, some misfortune will befall us. Even away to Villa in the cup, of course their goal deflected in off of Keane even though he had a good game.

His only other options in a back 5 were Godfrey, who I think would have been terrorised, or moving Mykolenko to LCB and leaving McNeil on as a LWB, but Mykolenko was having a good game against Salah, and that option means you are playing 2 players slightly out of position.

2 tough league games ahead, but I would be disappointed to not see us pick up at least 2 points here.
Yeah think that's fair. Think, bar Luton, we've improved a lot since the Wolves match. Our football has made me think Dyche is more capable of thinking progressively than I thought he would be.

Still a long, long way to go though, especially if we get a couple of injuries to key players

Saw a video with Tom Heaton. Said the players loved Dyche. He built a real team ethic through various challenges to ensure players would play for each other. He spoke about one challenge at the end of a gruelling day was laps around the pitch. You had to do it in a certain time and if any player didn’t, they do it again. He said the players would then just run with the last player and create that bonding/comradety.

While I think Dyche is tactically naive at times, he has definately had an impact on this squad with regards to work ethic, teamwork, backing each other up.

I suggested Howe before he went to Newcastle... the response I got was...

Been relegated
Only Bournemouth
Conceded too many

I also suggested Postecoglou and the majority of our fans response ON HERE was....

Scotland is a farmers league
Anyone can win with Celtic
Never been in a major league

Vindicated on both!

We settle for Dyche, 3 times relegated from the PL, his teams are defensive and don`t score many....

Yeah Great
Your views on Howe are all over the place based off a 20 second search.

You were fully behind him in 2018 granted. But that was before he went away around the world for 2 years to work on his coaching and management etc. so arguably wouldn’t have been much good for us or Newcastle at that time.

In 2021 you were worried about getting Howe and not a manager we all want, yourself included. “Small time club mentality” “EDDIE HOWE REALLY!!!! Really losing interest in Everton”.

Last edited:
I suggested Howe before he went to Newcastle... the response I got was...

Been relegated
Only Bournemouth
Conceded too many

I also suggested Postecoglou and the majority of our fans response ON HERE was....

Scotland is a farmers league
Anyone can win with Celtic
Never been in a major league

Vindicated on both!

We settle for Dyche, 3 times relegated from the PL, his teams are defensive and don`t score many....

Yeah Great

I really like Postecoglou, a proper self-made fella who has really grinded to be managing in the PL. Though I think Howe is more riding a good wave at Newcastle.

Tbf mate - both of those managers walked into clubs with money to spend. I think it's a whole other ball game coming to Everton anytime in the last 2/3 years.

Dyche only got relegated once with Burnley and brought them straight back up. Howe got relegated with Bournemouth.

You could say Burnley were on course for a 2nd relegation after a longer run than Howe had keeping Bournemouth up, with less money too I might add. I still feel Burnley just wanted to take the reset so that's why they sacked him, I still feel Burnley might have stayed up had they stuck with Dyche.

I really like Postecoglou, a proper self-made fella who has really grinded to be managing in the PL. Though I think Howe is more riding a good wave at Newcastle.

Tbf mate - both of those managers walked into clubs with money to spend. I think it's a whole other ball game coming to Everton anytime in the last 2/3 years.

Dyche only got relegated once with Burnley and brought them straight back up. Howe got relegated with Bournemouth.

You could say Burnley were on course for a 2nd relegation after a longer run than Howe had keeping Bournemouth up, with less money too I might add. I still feel Burnley just wanted to take the reset so that's why they sacked him, I still feel Burnley might have stayed up had they stuck with Dyche.
Dyche second relegation at Burnley, he had played 30 Premier League games winning just 4....

Not his fault though!

1698158031904.webp

I think Howe has just become a better manager tbh, especially defensively
Newcastle are quality front to back atm

I think Howe has just become a better manager tbh, especially defensively
Newcastle are quality front to back atm

You could be right mate, I personally think momentum is everything in football and as soon as they were able to spend money it's snowballed for them.

If Howe is still there by the end of next season, he'll have probably have proved me wrong as I don't think the Saudi's well hesitate in bringing in an elite manager if Howe starts to drop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back