2023/24 Sean Dyche

I wasn’t keen on his interview at all - constantly implying that fans are hysterical is a bit rich given we just about stayed up and have made our worst start ever this season, and were 1-0 down at half time against the worst team in the football league having not scored a goal since last season.

Also thought he looked to be positioning himself as a victim of circumstance with his glib “who knows” response to the question about transfers.

He’s incredibly lucky to be here and he should remember that.

Minor point but what pisses me off is his instinctive, contrary refusal to give credit where it’s due. Giving it the “he’s still very raw, and Youngie did great too” bollocks when Beto pulled him out of the [Poor language removed] with the most complete striker’s performance since he’s been Everton manager. It’s so old fashioned and stupid.

He’d have been much better saying “superb performance albeit against inferior opposition, he won the game for us. Looking forward to seeing what he can do at the weekend”.
His constant use of the terms like 'our mentality needs to be better and i told the lads that' or 'we need to be stronger as a unit and i told the lads that' after every defeat is a big bug bearer of mine.

Basically saying after every defeat....if the players listened to me properly, we would of won and dissolving any type of blame on himself is frustrating.

He treats us as fans like footballing neanderthols also in terms of 'i know best' in terms of his idelogies and techniques.....in reality that is just to tell them to tuck there shirt in.

He gets compared to Allardyce...but
Allardyce is a much more savvy and cleverer manager.

But that's not the entire game. That's the catalyst and we should press higher...but when we had the ball they were awful for 60mins.

Straight from the off you had Keane under hitting a back pass. Godfrey slicing clearances or running the ball out of play. Myko scared to cross the half way line. Everyone's touch was atrocious with Onana and Doucoure looking like baby Giraffes.

Did you see when Garner over hit a simple pass down the wing to Danjuma? Stuff like that doesn't help whatever tactics you want to impose.

You could've set up that team to play Tiki-Taka...they wouldn't be able to pull it off.

You could see the last 30mins how we dominated the game, hit the bar, post, scored 2. Passed it better, kept the ball more. Mainly because Gana settled the middle IMO.
nobody is expecting tiki-take mate, but being able to pass through a team that that sits bottom of the entire football league.

I get that what we’ll get is defensive minded fullbacks, hardworking wingers who are up and down the field, crosses and second ball pickups - that’s what we’ll get

But he could have easily had a chance to say “look I’m not a dinosaur I do have a plan b”

What we got was plan A poorly executed

nobody is expecting tiki-take mate, but being able to pass through a team that that sits bottom of the entire football league.

I get that what we’ll get is defensive minded fullbacks, hardworking wingers who are up and down the field, crosses and second ball pickups - that’s what we’ll get

But he could have easily had a chance to say “look I’m not a dinosaur I do have a plan b”

True.

I don't expect some Pep like 3-2-2-3 formation but we showed in that Palace game (with this group of players) that we can pass the ball about when we want to and when the players know what their actual role is, and that was under Lampard. Some of the excuses being made for Dyche both on here and other social media are absolutely shocking. He has a couple of days to have a rethink, we simply must win on Saturday.

I don't expect some Pep like 3-2-2-3 formation but we showed in that Palace game (with this group of players) that we can pass the ball about when we want to and when the players know what their actual role is, and that was under Lampard. Some of the excuses being made for Dyche both on here and other social media are absolutely shocking. He has a couple of days to have a rethink, we simply must win on Saturday.
this whole “he can’t turn a team round over night” line is frankly boring. Fella has been here since February and had a full preseason

Our defence looks poorly organised, the players don’t look fit and if anyone can tell me what our patterns of play are in the final third I’d really appreciate it.

We won’t go down, I think; but this fella needs to change his ways fast because he’s losing the crowd. Imagine being boo’d off at halftime against Doncaster, this ain’t Burnley

In fairness, aspiring to City level is one thing, actually doing it, another. I don't advocate us for that style, but we don't actually have a philosophy or style with him that can be identified. The hoof ball tactic last night was shameful of his own belief in that being acceptable, it was truly dire.

We need root and branch, it's been said many times, for me getting the manager right is key, Dyche IMO, is not that manager, he has achieved nothing in his career that warranted the appointment and we were 30 mins from relegation, if that is the level of expectation we are attending it bodes even worse for the future.

His last 2 pressers he has been belligerent and had a false cockuness in his tone, if you have the "game" all well and good but don't be giving it all Billy big nuts after the last 3 no 4 performances.

In light of Beto signing and how that pans out, he has 3 more matches for me tops.

Based on the results obviously Dyche is going to be under pressure and under attack. For me his press conferences have just been about trying to give some balance and say that in the home games we have created chances and not taken them.
I think he is clearly finding the intensity of managing Everton different than Burnley or Watford. There is an expectation here to win games, regardless of the squad or the limitations, particularly from the media. If he was in this position after 3 games at Burnley, he would not be under much pressure.

Some people honestly believe that our midfield of premier league internationals can’t be expected to pass a ball but somehow bottom of the pyramid Doncaster can…

What is proper delusional is that Dyche is the only manager we could ever attract.
Some fans think we only were formed 2 years ago and we’ve been in relegation battle in our entire existence.

I don’t care what anyone says, with the league we’re in and the money we pay we are an attractive job for most managers in world football outside the elite.

If the transfer window closed right now with no more incomings or outgoings then his squad (when all fit) would look something like this..

Pickford
Virginia

Patterson - Tarkowski - Branthwaite - Mykolenko
Coleman -------- Keane --------- Godfrey --------- Young

Garner --------------- Onana
-- Gana ---------------------- Gomes

McNeil

Doucoure
Dele
Harrison ---------------------- Danjuma
Iwobi --------------------------------- Gray
Dobbin -------------------------------------
Beto
DCL

Chermiti
Maupay

Is that enough to see us safe from relegation?