2024/25 Sean Dyche

Considering the end to last season, it's crazy how ready people were to boo when the first goal went in.
Some people want to boo, there’s a performative rage around Evertonians aided by social media. I think most of it is just battle worn anxiety after the past three seasons though. People are fatigued through fighting and worrying. Be nice to have a break from it like.

The manager made far too many poor decisions yesterday to give us a good chance of a result.

We've had lots of poor managers make poor decisions, no doubt about that. But the decision to go get another defender rather than a goal scorer, but then give minutes instead to Keane and Holgate, is up there with all the poor managerial decisions I've seen.

It’s nowhere near the top.

Some idiot actually spent 30 mill on Michael Keane and gave him a new contract.

Martinez put out an 11 at Anfield about 7 of whome weren’t even fit and then played Alcaraz and a half fit geriatric Jagielka in a high line against Luis Suarez Sterling Coutinho Sturridge

Koeman kept Lookman and Vlasic benched comepletely whilst playing Klaasen Enner Valencia Sandro etc.

Any time we played Ashley Williams and Cuco Martina.

You really are sensationalising it now. It was a bad selection and a bad performance and a bad result. You’re making out like it was the worst moment in Everton history.

Scrub Glen Keeley from the history books lads, nothing will ever be worse than the time Sean Dyche selected Keane and Young instead of Jake O Brien and Mason Dixon.

Some people want to boo, there’s a performative rage around Evertonians aided by social media. I think most of it is just battle worn anxiety after the past three seasons though. People are fatigued through fighting and worrying. Be nice to have a break from it like.
I didn't bother doing anything.

When I saw the team sheet it was obvious how the match would develop, to me anyway.

Considering the end to last season, it's crazy how ready people were to boo when the first goal went in.
Don’t know that it was the goal itself. Think more likely it was the nature of it and the fact that we’ve seen the same move about 20 times now. Matter of time situation that led to people waiting for/expecting it to happen that way. Then they were all proved right once again.

I put this squad somewhere between 13-15th the other week (transfers still to be made of course could change that) and I said that’s reliant on the best players staying fit all season.

That still means most teams in the PL have a better squad than us. There’s no getting away from this regardless of what we think about the manager. Our squad is miles off Newcastle Villa West Ham Spurs Chelsea and these are clubs who might not even be in the top 4.

We’re somewhere around Wolves and Bournemouth in the lower mid table ahead of the three promoted clubs and maybe Brentford.

absolutely agree.

however, i'd say we have a far better back 5 then most if not all of the bottom half ( RB aside of course )

i think we play like we are by and far the worst team in the league though, we certainly are worst to look at on the eye, we play almost every game in which we have periods were we simply cannot pass the ball 5 yards, i don't know what we do in traning but it can't be the absolute basics of professional football, we spend to much time doing the wrong thing and less doing the basics.

I didnt expect to see us so wide open yesterday. The spaces between the centrebacks and the defence and centre midfield were massive. Especially after seeing the team selection. I thought it would be the low block as they call it now. Same as what worked for him last season. Instead we got a wide open display that was one bad pass away from serious trouble. That team he picked cant keep the ball or put it in the net and on top of that brighton were given so much space to play their game. Not good.

I have little issue with the fans who are disappointed with yesterdays result / have reservations over Sean Dyche.

It is the perennial bedwetters / Lampard Cult who have no self respect/shame.

These same suspects plague the player threads telling us all how over rated and poor they are, yet expect the manager to beat teams like Brighton who they claim are "the blue print" for us to be like with those very same "poor" players.

Don’t know that it was the goal itself. Think more likely it was the nature of it and the fact that we’ve seen the same move about 20 times now. Matter of time situation that led to people waiting for/expecting it to happen that way. Then they were all proved right once again.
But that's madness considering winning yday would've made it 6 wins at home in row for the 1st time since 2019. You'd swear the 5 performances at home before that we're of a similar nature

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back