2024/25 Sean Dyche

But that's madness considering winning yday would've made it 6 wins at home in row for the 1st time since 2019. You'd swear the 5 performances at home before that we're of a similar nature
You’re right but it’s apples and oranges too. Most of those victories came with Branthwaite and Godfrey or Coleman at right back didn’t they? When folks see Micheal Keane and Ashley young at right back combined with a front four that can’t produce anything, they know what’s coming and so it’s logical they’re upset when it starts to play out that way. Rather than giving the fans something to look forward to or hope for, the manager gave them the opposite before a ball was even kicked because of some weird misguided thinking that premier league experience should trump ability.

I didnt expect to see us so wide open yesterday. The spaces between the centrebacks and the defence and centre midfield were massive. Especially after seeing the team selection. I thought it would be the low block as they call it now. Same as what worked for him last season. Instead we got a wide open display that was one bad pass away from serious trouble. That team he picked cant keep the ball or put it in the net and on top of that brighton were given so much space to play their game. Not good.

This.

Some of the play was suicidal. The same boring lines about fullbacks not crossing half way lines, low block hoofball, etc. keep getting trotted out but none of that was true yesterday.

We had Tarkowski doing turns on the ball as the last man and almost got caught twice. Keane and Tarkowski both playing it across the pitch when in the opposition half. One of their early breaks came from Keane trying a left footed scoop pass from the corner of their box. Why was he even up there? We had Iroegbunam and Gueye miles apart in the middle both of them dwelling on the ball (one a lot better than the other). Mykolenko was flying ahead of McNeil every chance he got even when it wasn’t on. At one point Pickford picked him out with a goal kick as the furthest forward.

I kind of wish we had played low block hoofball because we’d have probably come away with a draw. Instead we were wide open playing a type of football these players cannot play, and sure enough the individual errors occurred and we got scythe open on the break.

The story is while hes here we will always be in a relegation scrap.

Fire him and hire someone who is progressive to move us away from this.
Hire someone who will make going the game or watching on tv a little bit enjoyable.
Hire someone who develops players he and his team coaches
Hire someone who has a CV that moves clubs in an upward direction
Hire someone whos tactics are not from the early 80s
Hire someone who plans A isnt too hoof it and has a plan B
Hire someone who lets wingers attack first not defend first
Hire someone who doesnt think experience players are the answer when they have repeatedly failed you time and time again.
Hire someone who has an answer to going a goal down

Dont come at with the players arent good enough thats why we play the way we do.

A team consisting of Welbeck and Milner destroyed us yesterday at home.
Yes, honestly I kind of agree. Just tired of this constant drama at the club. It's almost making me want to switch to rugby......LOL.
I feel there are many other things to get right before we sack yet another manager. I think Dyche should be good enough to keep us up year on year until we can sort this tiresome ownership issue out.

I have little issue with the fans who are disappointed with yesterdays result / have reservations over Sean Dyche.

It is the perennial bedwetters / Lampard Cult who have no self respect/shame.

These same suspects plague the player threads telling us all how over rated and poor they are, yet expect the manager to beat teams like Brighton who they claim are "the blue print" for us to be like with those very same "poor" players.

Or, hang on here’s a mad thought, these people want those players benched in favour of the new players we’ve signed?!

🐍 🐀

The biggest failing he has is his stubbornness.
Despite poor pre season form, mcneil and dacoure were nailed on to start. In the absence of branthwaite, he whimped out and played keane, and a totally disinterested DCL gets the nod everytime.
Lyndstrom and ndiaye were bought early and should have started.
Their (Brighton) manager played minteh from the off because if your good enough, you start.

Yesterday was a concern with his selections. All this "they aren't ready" is imo nonsense. Oh so only Everton buy players who aren't ready to start.
The concern is he's a creature of habit. He's shown in the past he'll always go back to Keane. Keanes his go to boy. And doucoure shouldnt be anywhere near the starting 11. You'll struggle to find a player in the world who's on the money he's on here with less technical ability. He's picked because he might score one goal in every 8 or 9 games.
But they're Dyche type players. He see's them as assets at set pieces.
Keane and doucoure starting yest is a worry when he had other options.

Ye we had Branthwaite who was injured and couldn't play yesterday mate. We have no other right back

But we do have another right back, who’s been playing in pre season. You’re about to tell me we can’t possibly play him because he has no experience, and that we should settle for the “safe” option of 39 year old Ashley Young who costs us goals every single time he plays.

Thought I was watching rugby league with the hoobsll to Harrison who can't go past a player in the first half awful tactics by Dyche like Coventry pre season outplayed in the 3,Nd half - no midfield.....

But we do have another right back, who’s been playing in pre season. You’re about to tell me we can’t possibly play him because he has no experience, and that we should settle for the “safe” option of 39 year old Ashley Young who costs us goals every single time he plays.
Think we will see him v Doncaster. I’d have him against Spurs too as the thought of Holgate in there pains. Sometimes they just need to be thrown in, we can pull him out again soon enough.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back