2024/25 Sean Dyche

Agree with all you've said but I think the question that was put to him was poorly worded. It didn't need to mention starting Michael Keane, it should have just asked why O'Brien didn't start. As soon as the journalist suggests Keane shouldn't have started over O'Brien, Dyche is jumping to his defence/justifying his team selection. He'd do the same for most if not all players I think.

Wouldn't read too much into it and hopefully next week, if it's a choice between the two, he makes the decision we all want to see.
Exactly he wasn’t saying O’Brien didn’t play because he’s got no experience he was defending Keane by saying he deserved to get picked.

I don’t think his age has got anything to with it he’s a premier league manager not some fella from the pub.
It was his debut PL match and he came from coaching in the 2nd tier Bundesliga. Dyche should have enough experience to at least get a result against that IMHO.

Agree with all you've said but I think the question that was put to him was poorly worded. It didn't need to mention starting Michael Keane, it should have just asked why O'Brien didn't start. As soon as the journalist suggests Keane shouldn't have started over O'Brien, Dyche is jumping to his defence/justifying his team selection. He'd do the same for most if not all players I think.

Wouldn't read too much into it and hopefully next week, if it's a choice between the two, he makes the decision we all want to see.

Tbh honest mate i think the person putting the question was being as polite as he could without dyche getting arsey. Stick any Everton fan in front of dyche and they would all ask the same question. Why do you always go back to keane when he's clearly a wrecking ball and we concede for fun. Im pretty sure we had this before with dyche in an interview and he threw his toys out the pram. And dropped keane shortly after.
The days of defending keane from dyche are imo long gone. I take he had to give some kind of reply. But its wearing thin.

But on that basis they should go down with 0 points I don’t think you’ve thought this through.
No, I'm saying an inexperienced youngster playing in his debut match in arguably one the toughest football leagues would have opening day jitters and would be prone to making a few mistakes. It 'll take while before he finds his feet.

A manager with more tactical prowess would have been able to take advantage of that.

You were saying Dyche said he picked Keane because he deserved it, just wondered what you thought about him being picked against Spurs, would he deserve it? Not having a pop by the way.
No im just talking about the interview people keep saying he said he didn’t pick O’Brien because he’s not got enough experience but he didn’t say that at all. It might even be the real reason but he didn’t say it.

Not with young,keane and doucoure in the side tommy and he picked them.
3081980b00dc81bbf2fb13918bedf9e9.gif

Dyche will never learn his lesson though, will he? 🤦‍♂️

Exactly he wasn’t saying O’Brien didn’t play because he’s got no experience he was defending Keane by saying he deserved to get picked.

Thats only true to that clip posted. In the immediate post match interview yesterday when asked by the reporter when other new signings would start he snapped back when they are ready.
What exactly has keane done in pre season to warrant that response.
Dyche has a soft spot for keane. Only the emergence of branthwaite nullified it. Im glad some reporters are calling him out on keane. Coz he seems to be the only person who rates him.

Because it’s a 6 mill financial risk versus a 100 mill one if we go down because the players and Dyche down tools this season. Not to mention if that happens we’ll end up paying about 3 mill to sack him mid season and appoint a successor. For the sake of about 3 mill it’s a no brainer to keep everyone engaged for this season.
Genuine question, why would a manager down tools? It’s a sure fire way to guarantee he does not have an immediate manager as a PL manager we were to be relegated. He held out that long for a PL job, no way he compromises his professional integrity.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back