2024/25 Sean Dyche

But anyway, hes here now, so its pretty pointless for now.

Lets hope we can win a few games and then take it from there.
He doesn't even require comment.

If somebody woke up from a three-year coma and asked how Everton are getting on, you'd only have to answer 'Dyche is the manager' for them to understand the situation entirely.

By that logic they should finish rock bottom with zero points.

No, I'm saying an inexperienced youngster playing in his debut match in arguably one the toughest football leagues would have opening day jitters and would be prone to making a few mistakes. It 'll take while before he finds his feet.

A manager with more tactical prowess would have been able to take advantage of that.

We should back him or sack him.

He kept us up when everyone expected us to go down, so I'd say we should opt for the former.
He did well keeping us up two seasons running with the off the field chaos but I am very dubious he can do much beyond keeping us around 12th -16th. There is no need to rush to give him a new contract now when ownership is still unresolved. A new owner may have a different view. I would see how we are going in January make a decision then or when new ownership happens.

Dyche kept us up against the odds last season, despite all our best players being sold and despite the points deductions.

We also hammered the RS.

Saturday was dire, but some of our "supporters" are desperately fickle.
Being sick of absolute drivel for 3 years and seeing that for the first game of the fourth and being angry or fed up is completely reasonable.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back