2024/25 Sean Dyche

Proper dented my enthusiasm after Saturday. I actually was thinking we could have a safe mid table season with our new attackers and the same strong defence and 2pm Sat when that team sheet came out, it felt like a gut punch.

We had new attackers and he didn't play them, sticking with a bunch of lads that can't hit double figures, and he chose Keane over O'Brien. It really sucked the life out of us.

Dyche has put himself in the firing line now with fans.

I can't really argue with anything said here.

Although do you not think the comment on empty seats has been taken out of context? I got the impression he was implying a 'i don't blame them, i'd of got off too' point of view with the 'that's what happens at this club', trying to imply high standards? Could be wrong

I think most of the time we all quite like Dyche, his gruff voice, his big bald head, likes a pint, hard work, blood and thunder, give em a kick, and all that sort of stuff.

Then the season starts and we watch the football and its just not palatable when losing.

I'm 3 months into my self imposed 'not calling for Dyches head' 6 month ban, after the derby win and form at the end of last season. I'm finding it pretty hard at the moment.
I think one can be appalled and concerned about what we saw on Saturday and still think Dyche is the right man for the job right now.

I certainly wouldn't be calling for his head after one game - even if what I saw on Saturday was alarming. But unless things change, I can't see any future in this kind of thing when we have new ownership. Basically, I thought Dyche had a future at Everton - but think it more likely now that the best he and we can hope for is survival again, get to the new stadium, and go our separate ways under new, credible ownership.

To stay in any job for the long term, one needs to adapt. Sean is rigid in his ways. That has brought him some success, but, for anyone, it also has a ceiling. I think we saw the height of that ceiling on Saturday and our heads are still sore from the bump.

Proper dented my enthusiasm after Saturday. I actually was thinking we could have a safe mid table season with our new attackers and the same strong defence and 2pm Sat when that team sheet came out, it felt like a gut punch.

We had new attackers and he didn't play them, sticking with a bunch of lads that can't hit double figures, and he chose Keane over O'Brien. It really sucked the life out of us.

Dyche has put himself in the firing line now with fans.

Same mate. I generally think Dyche has done a solid job here but if the recruitment team have gone out and bought players to solve the issues in the team and you then put them all on the bench, you deserve the stick if it goes wrong.

Learn from it Dyche, Doucoure didn't work in the 10, the two wingers didn't work (actually don't think Harrison was that bad, but he's better on the left) Micheal Keane is allergic to clean sheets, Myko didn't look match sharp and Ashley Young didn't work at RB.

I feel like these were things we all knew prior to the game.

I think one can be appalled and concerned about what we saw on Saturday and still think Dyche is the right man for the job right now.

I certainly wouldn't be calling for his head after one game - even if what I saw on Saturday was alarming. But unless things change, I can't see any future in this kind of thing when we have new ownership. Basically, I thought Dyche had a future at Everton - but think it more likely now that the best he and we can hope for is survival again, get to the new stadium, and go our separate ways under new, credible ownership.

To stay in any job for the long term, one needs to adapt. Sean is rigid in his ways. That has brought him some success, but, for anyone, it also has a ceiling. I think we saw the height of that ceiling on Saturday and our heads are still sore from the bump.
So ur saying you won’t call for his head after one game this has been going on from day one of him being here and you say to stay in the job he needs to adapt well let’s cut the time and get rid now this guy will never adapt and they way he acts like he’s the best manager going he just needs binning off Asap

Learn from it Dyche, Doucoure didn't work in the 10, the two wingers didn't work (actually don't think Harrison was that bad, but he's better on the left) Micheal Keane is allergic to clean sheets, Myko didn't look match sharp and Ashley Young didn't work at RB.

I feel like these were things we all knew prior to the game.
Dyche doesn't learn. Not in his DNA.

So ur saying you won’t call for his head after one game this has been going on from day one of him being here and you say to stay in the job he needs to adapt well let’s cut the time and get rid now this guy will never adapt and they way he acts like he’s the best manager going he just needs binning off Asap
He does come across as being very arrogant with a self entitled view of we should be grateful he’s here.

Already wasting the credit he earned himself last season with Saturdays team selection.

He still has some for what we managed to do, but if he continues to select the likes of Keane and holgate and leave the new attacking signings out, it will evaporate very quickly, and I wouldn’t blame the fans if I were him.

Learn the lessons of history and adapt or make history’s same mistakes and die. Up to the gaffer.

Already wasting the credit he earned himself last season with Saturdays team selection.

He still has some for what we managed to do, but if he continues to select the likes of Keane and holgate and leave the new attacking signings out, it will evaporate very quickly, and I wouldn’t blame the fans if I were him.

Learn the lessons of history and adapt or make history’s same mistakes and die. Up to the gaffer.

Get a decent result Saturday and build from there. Given the state of the squad I would definitely take a draw now to be honest. I thought we played well second half in this fixture last season and unlucky not to get a point.

To some extent get the argument he can actully cut his cloth and actually get something out of a disjointed squad at times by being low block and basic. But now its time to move on and evolve he cannot do it and seemingly manages down and below the ability of the players with his selections and tactics, you see it with his aversion to starting anyone with pace or flare. He is more comfortable with the small time Burnley mentality he is not a long term manager for us, we demand more and the players are capable of more.

Get a decent result Saturday and build from there. Given the state of the squad I would definitely take a draw now to be honest. I thought we played well second half in this fixture last season and unlucky not to get a point.
I’d prob rip your arm off for a point after Saturday, sad that they’ve already flattened my early season optimism.

Always think spurs will give you chances, and with the newer, pacier players we might actually creat and/or take them, but its our managers self inflicted defensive issues that really concern me at the moment.

Dyche and his team need to sit down and take a long hard look at themselves. Hes quite correct that the fans want to win, where he loses the plot, is that he can't see the causes.

I said in here a number of times last season that the football is only watchable when it produces results. If you want to know why the fans left Sean, its quite simple. Your apology for top flight football drove them out.

It would be far more useful if, instead of blaming VAR, referees and even fans, he used his time for a bit of self examination

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back