2024/25 Sean Dyche

I honestly don't get this protection thing over Dixon, especially the comments about him never having played in the prem. Everyone who makes their debut in the top flight has never played a game in the prem.
Other teams hand out debuts to players younger than him, FFS he's 20 this year.
It's been a failing of Everton to still brand anyone under 28 as a kid.
Now I don't know how he'd get on but he's a professional right back and needs must.

Why is it that nobody can coach our players to even hit the target. We're bad at creating space and even when we do so our shooting is as poor as it is possible to be. These are professionals and Branthwaite as a Central Defender is as lethal as our front 5. Keane is probably better than all of them.

I get bored watching us play these days, we have no imagination or guile in our overall play
I think our support just waits for us to concede the inevitable goal, and the feeling of despair sets in

Very sad times to watch or support Everton

Sadly I don’t think there is a quick fix, and if honest no idea what the fix is
Zero hope going down 0-1.

Armchair experts who stack shelves in Tesco for a living, yet think they know more than the actual manager and his staff who see the players in training.

The issue is the lack of ability to be able to dip into the market and spend some cash to secure a quality RB, rather than the manager refusing to play a kid no one had heard off until a few weeks ago who suddenly is the next saviour after Simms, Dobbin etc.

Chelsea meanwhile have a squad of 40 and no incoming breach of PSR, conveniently enough.
So you are against people who stack shelves at Tesco offering opinions on this Forum?

Why is it that nobody can coach our players to even hit the target. We're bad at creating space and even when we do so our shooting is as poor as it is possible to be. These are professionals and Branthwaite as a Central Defender is as lethal as our front 5. Keane is probably better than all of them.
The majority of them are naturally poor finishers tbh. We have no pace in the squad really, our wide players are slow and can’t beat a man and the fullbacks don’t (or are told not to) cross the halfway line

I honestly don't get this protection thing over Dixon, especially the comments about him never having played in the prem. Everyone who makes their debut in the top flight has never played a game in the prem.
Now I don't know how he'd get on but he's a professional right back and needs must.
He could have played and grabbed the opportunity with both hands and never looked back, or he could have had his arse handed to him and then it would be up to the coaches and manager to pick him up

Both options are better than seeing Ashley Young

If he's good enough then playing at 20 is fine I don't think anyone thinks any different its just whether he's good enough thats the question you have to bear in mind people wanted us to pick Lewis Warrington last season and he's on the bench for Leyton Orient in league one at the moment so maybe its not as easy as people try to say it is.

If he's good enough then playing at 20 is fine I don't think anyone thinks any different its just whether he's good enough thats the question you have to bear in mind people wanted us to pick Lewis Warrington last season and he's on the bench for Leyton Orient in league one at the moment so maybe its not as easy as people try to say it is.

His competition is Ashley Young, so if he can run then yes he’s good enough.

I get that he’s unproven, but given our other options he’s still a risk. Young has picked up red cards and been a liability during his time here. Coleman is past it. Holgate was sent back by championship Southampton and was horrendous at Sheffield Utd last season. So yes, Dixon has no experience- but I’d rather see him gain some experience than watch the other liabilities we currently have in that position.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back