2024/25 Sean Dyche

But fit enough for the bench, why did young start left back over Myko
I suppose Myko was injured as well

???

You're saying the manager, and player lied?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make mate?

I'm telling you - Branthwaite didn't start the first 2 games that season because he wasn't fit. Both the manager, and the player said so at the time which I mentioned in February and May on here;

Towards the end of that campaign there were claims PSV would seek to make his move permanent. Asked whether the Dutch club indicated its interest to him, Dyche said: “Not to me. I was making it clear he wouldn’t be a player who was available. I knew there were certain players who had to leave the building, whether I wanted them to leave or not, we had to bring down the wage bill a little bit. So I made it clear - ‘no he’s one I want to be in the building and I see development in him’.”

"He missed two-and-a-half weeks of pre-season. That would have maybe given him the opportunity to push on and start the season." As it was, Branthwaite only had to sit out the first two fixtures, both defeats. He has been a fixture in the team ever since.

"Once he got fit, he has taken the chance."

He had a strain. He ended up playing even when he still wasn't fully fit. It's why he pulled out of England U21 squad again for planned surgery on the groin;

Jarrad Branthwaite has been withdrawn from the England Under-21 squad for the upcoming European Championships qualifier to undergo what Everton describe as "planned treatment" in a minor groin problem.

The defender apparently picked up the injury on international duty over the summer
and will remain at Finch Farm so that the club's medical staff can address it before the Premier League programme resumes in 10 days' time.

Everton say that Branthwaite, who has started the last two League games, is expected to be fit to face Arsenal at Goodison Park on Sunday 17 September.

England U21s are due to kick off their Euro2025 qualification campaign against Luxembourg this coming weekend.

You, like most, wrote us off as down. You even mentioned how Dyche will be the favourite to come in because he's best suited/credentials to get us back promoted.

Good news - that wasn't needed. He come in and kept us up.

Maybe go back and revisit your posts prior to Dyche.

Then maybe reflect whether your posts today could be a little more respectful.
Yes i believe Dyche was employed because of this also.

Ive also said many times that he should of went after the Bournemouth game! Thanks a lot bye!

My posts are based on my view my football club and going the game or watching on TV, and right now i hate it.

I actually didn't think Young was THAT bad until the sending off, but that's the issue isn't it? He is always prone to doing something like that. It's weird really as he is so experienced (and at a good level to be fair throughout his career) but keeps getting done in by stupid schoolboy errors.
Holgate is a younger version of Young a complete brain dead footballer!

BUT ITS 1 GAME

Say the people who ignore that hes now been in the job for 18months.

And spent 110m on players, just to have the same 1s start weekly.

:coffee:

110 mill on players?

How do you get to that figure? (Ignoring for a second that it’s been one game he hasn’t yet selected O’Brien Lindstrom or Ndiaye to start. ONE.)

Ive also said many times that he should of went after the Bournemouth game! Thanks a lot bye!

My posts are based on my view my football club and going the game or watching on TV, and right now i hate it.

I see.

Maybe then, given you believe we were down, so much so that you believe he was hired to get us promoted - you could be a little more respectful, or at least acknowledge his input at the club rather than celebrating the day he's "punted from this club"

If he left tomorrow, I wouldn't celebrate. I'd be grateful for his efforts in preventing us doing a Sunderland.

Armchair experts who stack shelves in Tesco for a living, yet think they know more than the actual manager and his staff who see the players in training.

The issue is the lack of ability to be able to dip into the market and spend some cash to secure a quality RB, rather than the manager refusing to play a kid no one had heard off until a few weeks ago who suddenly is the next saviour after Simms, Dobbin etc.

Chelsea meanwhile have a squad of 40 and no incoming breach of PSR, conveniently enough.
Does your breath stink talking so much crap?

???

You're saying the manager, and player lied?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make mate?

I'm telling you - Branthwaite didn't start the first 2 games that season because he wasn't fit. Both the manager, and the player said so at the time which I mentioned in February and May on here;

He had a strain. He ended up playing even when he still wasn't fully fit. It's why he pulled out of England U21 squad again for planned surgery on the groin;

Why was he on the bench then ? What happened if like what had happened the previous opening game v Chelsea when we lost Mina and Godfrey first half. Was Andre Gomes going to play CB ??? Or onyango
If you’re on the bench you’re fit to play

The football on show - slowest fullbacks in the prem & slowest wingers in the prem - one good midfielder in Tim he may do better when Gardner is fit, but Dyche will probably play Gardner at right back - we are a painful watch HOOF BALL -

I see.

Maybe then, given you believe we were down, so much so that you believe he was hired to get us promoted - you could be a little more respectful, or at least acknowledge his input at the club rather than celebrating the day he's "punted from this club"

If he left tomorrow, I wouldn't celebrate. I'd be grateful for his efforts in preventing us doing a Sunderland.
Sorry im lost with "respectful" comments? Im sure Mr Dyche isnt reading this and even if he was he is that thick skinned it wouldnt bother him.

He came in to keep us in the league, he done that, well done! IMO we should of said 'laters' after the Bournemouth game.

I hate this club right now and its not all his fault, but im only really interested in the footy week after week, Dyche is making it almost impossible for me to watch, so when he has gone i will be celebrating.

Look at what he done at the weekend at Goodison in our last season! He basically had the ground near the end looking like an U17s pre season game.
You want me to get behind that? Not a chance.

Why was he on the bench then ? What happened if like what had happened the previous opening game v Chelsea when we lost Mina and Godfrey first half. Was Andre Gomes going to play CB ??? Or onyango

We often have 3 keepers on the bench. Doesn't mean we're going to bring 2 'keepers on.

We often have academy lads on the bench who'll never get a kick.

Dyche evidently wanted him in the squad because he knew he was going to be a mainstay in it.

Take the tin foil hat off mate - as he/manager said - he had a groin issue in the summer. He ended up having surgery on it at the first opportunity.

The club even said when the injury was;

Hang on mate. This doesn’t fit the narrative.

Dyche said he wasn’t fit, so he wasn’t fit. Keane had to play….then Jarrard was right back in the starting 11.

He only missed one game though….

Going to blow up big time if he continues the nark with the fans, in particular match going fan who decided to show their feelings by leaving early. The club have made a big thing about this "last season"... He should have addressed the disappointment by reflecting on the occasion and accept it was not good enough. All well a good having the minimum requirement is maximum effort, lets have it from him too. That was shitty post match press round.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back