2024/25 Sean Dyche

Sorry im lost with "respectful" comments? Im sure Mr Dyche isnt reading this and even if he was he is that thick skinned it wouldnt bother him.

He came in to keep us in the league, he done that, well done! IMO we should of said 'laters' after the Bournemouth game.

I hate this club right now and its not all his fault, but im only really interested in the footy week after week, Dyche is making it almost impossible for me to watch, so when he has gone i will be celebrating.

Look at what he done at the weekend at Goodison in our last season! He basically had the ground near the end looking like an U17s pre season game.
You want me to get behind that? Not a chance.

He has largely the same team you wrote off as relegated.

He then kept that team up despite point deductions.

He's made a profit on transfers in that time. The only team in the Prem to have 3 summer windows now, with net positive spend.

Maybe we're just massively entitled.

Maybe if he was a trendier name, like Lampard, you'd have a different view. Maybe one like this;

We have to stick with a manager through bad times and for me it’s Lampard, if we don’t and sack him then we will repeat the same cycle with the next manager like the previous ones and the one me after that until we are eventually relegated!

One of their goals Keane turned like an articulated truck - OK in the air but as slow as a tortoise - he needs to be sold ....to a championship league or division 1 club
No one with any sense will buy him or take the monster wages he’s on Joey.

We’d be better just leaving him out altogether until the contract has ran out

He's made a profit on transfers in that time.

Maybe if he was a trendier name, like Lampard, you'd have a different view. Maybe one like this;
He lost 10 games on the run too - only Gana Gaye kept us up with incredible performances ....

He lost 10 games on the run too - only Gana Gaye kept us up with incredible performances ....

Nah, 48 points kept us up last season in any season mate. 48 points has had us 8th before.

As for Gana - call me cynical, but he decided to turn up late on because he needed a new contract :lol:

It's because Holgate will be starting vs Spurs - some minutes.

No, he didn't.

Branthwaite was injured/late in pre-season. Second he was fit, he was in.
'
Lot of sticks to hit Dyche with - his handling of Branthwaite absolutely isn't one of them. Especially when fans were cry arsing for us to sign Coady to block his path to the team.
I'm not sure he was injured, I remember Dyche saying that Branthwaite wasn't ready yet as he'd been away with England under 23's or 21's and had missed a lot of preseason. This struck me as funny at the time, as Garner had been to exactly the same tournament and came straight back into the team.

I'm not sure he was injured, I remember Dyche saying that Branthwaite wasn't ready yet as he'd been away with England under 23's or 21's and had missed a lot of preseason. This struck me as funny at the time, as Garner had been to exactly the same tournament and came straight back into the team.

He had a groin strain from the U21 competition that summer, which is why he missed some of pre-season and why he had planned surgery that September - after his first 2 starts;

If anything, the club shouldn't have been playing him but were obviously keen to get him in.

As I say, a lot to beat Dyche with if you want. His work with Branthwaite though definitely isn't one of them.

His only tactic is a long ball out to Harrison etc. - Did we really see this the majority of last season? I didn’t. In fact I’ve never seen us go so often to that sort of ball mainly because Keane (who was doing most of them) wasn’t playing much last season. The CBs were actually extremely high up the pitch switching it both ways to Mykolenko on the other flank - something we didn’t see at all last season. It’s also a tactical ploy I’ve seen Van Dijk do loads of time to Salah or Alexander Arnold. It’s not dinosaur football when he does it though is it? Most of our good moments came from that tactic on Saturday so I don’t know why it’s suddenly a glaring representation of dark age football. I’d rather see a successful long pass to a winger in space than a CB lash it down the middle to Calvert Lewin’s head.

People keep complaining about predictability of selection and playing the same way but when Iroegbunam was bought some of you were saying he’d never see the first team, wouldn’t be making an impact, Dyche doesn’t play young players. He then ends up starting our first game and even if Garner is fit, is clearly going to be around the first team/squad picture this season. ‘You just know exactly what you’re going to get’…well you do if you reset the goal posts enough times. He doesn’t play young players (except Branthwaite Onana Garner Iroegbunam Chermiti McNeil Patterson)

As for playing the same way I’ve never seen us play that way under Dyche before ever. Perhaps only that dreadful performance at Spurs. High lines, wide players hugging touch lines, midfielders dwelling on the ball in the middle of the park, trying to play out the back, Tarkowski doing turns as the last man. It was a shambolic performance but it’s just so so lazy to say ‘we all know what tactics he’s going to play’. He did the exact opposite of what most people predicted (tactically).

There was no low block, there was very little hoofs down the centre, there wasn’t any flick ons or second balls, there were no full backs unable to cross the half way line. The same old tired lines a just lazily thrown out every single game just aren’t true.

Bad tactics, bad selection, bad performance during the game, that was it. Extrapolating one game out to make out you always saw it coming is a bit ridiculous. Nobody a few weeks ago would have said Irogebunam would be starting, we’d be playing a high line, CBs would be finding wingers with raking cross field passes, and Mykolenko would be the furthest player forward during quite a few attacks.

No one.

He's made a profit on transfers in that time. The only team in the Prem to have 3 summer windows now, with net positive spend.

Vault me all you want there's is 10 years of hard evidence that Dyche operates in and around the relegation zone!
That tells me that while he is here we will be in or around the relegation zone and you want me and others to be happy with that?

Did you want him sacked last season when we went 3-4 months without winning a game?

His only tactic is a long ball out to Harrison etc. - Did we really see this the majority of last season? I didn’t. In fact I’ve never seen us go so often to that sort of ball mainly because Keane (who was doing most of them) wasn’t playing much last season. The CBs were actually extremely high up the pitch switching it both ways to Mykolenko on the other flank - something we didn’t see at all last season. It’s also a tactical ploy I’ve seen Van Dijk do loads of time to Salah or Alexander Arnold. It’s not dinosaur football when he does it though is it? Most of our good moments came from that tactic on Saturday so I don’t know why it’s suddenly a glaring representation of dark age football. I’d rather see a successful long pass to a winger in space than a CB lash it down the middle to Calvert Lewin’s head.

People keep complaining about predictability of selection and playing the same way but when Iroegbunam was bought some of you were saying he’d never see the first team, wouldn’t be making an impact, Dyche doesn’t play young players. He then ends up starting our first game and even if Garner is fit, is clearly going to be around the first team/squad picture this season. ‘You just know exactly what you’re going to get’…well you do if you reset the goal posts enough times. He doesn’t play young players (except Branthwaite Onana Garner Iroegbunam Chermiti McNeil Patterson)

As for playing the same way I’ve never seen us play that way under Dyche before ever. Perhaps only that dreadful performance at Spurs. High lines, wide players hugging touch lines, midfielders dwelling on the ball in the middle of the park, trying to play out the back, Tarkowski doing turns as the last man. It was a shambolic performance but it’s just so so lazy to say ‘we all know what tactics he’s going to play’. He did the exact opposite of what most people predicted (tactically).

There was no low block, there was very little hoofs down the centre, there wasn’t any flick ons or second balls, there were no full backs unable to cross the half way line. The same old tired lines a just lazily thrown out every single game just aren’t true.

Bad tactics, bad selection, bad performance during the game, that was it. Extrapolating one game out to make out you always saw it coming is a bit ridiculous. Nobody a few weeks ago would have said Irogebunam would be starting, we’d be playing a high line, CBs would be finding wingers with raking cross field passes, and Mykolenko would be the furthest player forward during quite a few attacks.

No one.

It was easy to predict the 11 he was going with though mate.

I did it, as did others.

He had a groin strain from the U21 competition that summer, which is why he missed some of pre-season and why he had planned surgery that September - after his first 2 starts;

If anything, the club shouldn't have been playing him but were obviously keen to get him in.

As I say, a lot to beat Dyche with if you want. His work with Branthwaite though definitely isn't one of them.

Fair enough, I did say I wasn't sure he was injured, apparently he was, I do remember Dyche at the time though explaining his absence by saying that Branthwaite wasn't ready yet as he'd missed a lot of pre season with England.

Vault me all you want there's is 10 years of hard evidence that Dyche operates in and around the relegation zone!
That tells me that while he is here we will be in or around the relegation zone and you want me and others to be happy with that?

Did you want him sacked last season when we went 3-4 months without winning a game?

We were there before him.

Personally, I accept it because our squad, in my view is relegation fodder.

3 years of results don't lie mate.

He took us to 12th last season - miles better than the 2 seasons before him. Without spending a bean. With having the likes of Richarlison/Iwobi (I know, I know) sold.

Massively entitled? The state of us and still sell out home and away? Can only imagine what you would say if apathy took effect mate.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.