2024/25 Sean Dyche

I see.

Maybe then, given you believe we were down, so much so that you believe he was hired to get us promoted - you could be a little more respectful, or at least acknowledge his input at the club rather than celebrating the day he's "punted from this club"

If he left tomorrow, I wouldn't celebrate. I'd be grateful for his efforts in preventing us doing a Sunderland.
I'd have a party mate if he got sacked tonite and I'd pay for everything, and I'm tight. And it's him who should be grateful for getting the chance to manage this club, because he will never get a bigger job.

Week one, 7 days in, 136 pages and counting.
Up to 136 pages already after 1 game, it’s a strong start. You can see camps and alliances emerging already with none prepared to step down. They’ll agitate each other post games until civil war hostility breaks out as we spectate from the fence, occasionally antagonising.

Until the new manager comes it and then we do it all over again.

Dyche at least until the new owners get sorted. With the caveat that things improve from Saturday of course. Bar the points deductions, last season was everything we could dream on for the time being (I know that’s not what people want to hear, but we have to be realistic.) We have little ability to invest in players, the state of the squad is really bad overall. Dyche has earned more respect than he’s currently getting. You have to have a relatively short leash in this league but let’s see how things are in a month.

We were there before him.

Personally, I accept it because our squad, in my view is relegation fodder.

3 years of results don't lie mate.

He took us to 12th last season - miles better than the 2 seasons before him. Without spending a bean. With having the likes of Richarlison/Iwobi (I know, I know) sold.
Having said that, the standard of the league last season was very poor and the three relegated teams were terrible, however they all managed to take points from us. I accept that Dyche is a relegation battler and, thus far, he's kept us up. Dyche should, for his part accept that the football is terrible and that if we are not winning games, or even taking points, the crowd will get restless. The blame for the stadium emptying on Saturday lies squarely on the shoulders of Dyche and the players. It really is pretty much unwatchable when it doesn't get results.

Up to 136 pages already after 1 game, it’s a strong start. You can see camps and alliances emerging already with none prepared to step down. They’ll agitate each other post games until civil war hostility breaks out as we spectate from the fence, occasionally antagonising.

Until the new manager comes it and then we do it all over again.
Check out The Lion King here.

Massively entitled? The state of us and still sell out home and away? Can only imagine what you would say if apathy took effect mate.

Yes. Entitled.

Sean Dyche has been here 18 months.

He took us from here;

skysports-everton-dyche-premier-league_6038394.jpg

With Arsenal x2, Liverpool A within the first 5 games.

Without a striker.

^ This wasn't a blip - we'd been turd for a long, long time. I mean, here we go;

1724084732401.png

19th in the league for points for the whole 2022 calendar year, too.

Now, after that - factor in having to sell more than we bought, and point deductions....

Factor in ownership issues.

And we have fans wanting him gone after the opening game, and saying they'll celebrate when he's off.

Do I like us having to have Sean Dyche as manager? No.

Do I like having to endure and watch this Everton team? No.

But I'm grateful we're still a Premier League team because like the majority - I didn't expect to be.

I'm also very confident that if Dyche left tomorrow, this team is still the bookies 4th favourite to be relegated.

Depends if any new owner is reactive to fans like Moshiri was. New regimes like to make their mark with their own people. Dyche has some money in the bank through steadying the ship. If he keeps away from the relegation zone (we will be rock bottom for a few weeks now though) then they’ll give him to the new stadium and then whatever. Always interesting to see the oscillation between pragmatic and idealist managers, it’s been a continual loop with Everton for ten years now.

Yes. Entitled.

Sean Dyche has been here 18 months.

He took us from here;

skysports-everton-dyche-premier-league_6038394.jpg

With Arsenal x2, Liverpool A within the first 5 games.

Without a striker.

^ This wasn't a blip - we'd been turd for a long, long time. I mean, here we go;

View attachment 269649

19th in the league for points for the whole 2022 calendar year, too.

Now, after that - factor in having to sell more than we bought, and point deductions....

Factor in ownership issues.

And we have fans wanting him gone after the opening game, and saying they'll celebrate when he's off.

Do I like us having to have Sean Dyche as manager? No.

Do I like having to endure and watch this Everton team? No.

But I'm grateful we're still a Premier League team because like the majority - I didn't expect to be.

I'm also very confident that if Dyche left tomorrow, this team is still the bookies 4th favourite to be relegated.

I think the biggest issue is that he's been here nearly 2 years but he still feels like a short-term appointment. There's no real progression and no real signs of a higher standard of play regardless of who we sign.

Depends if any new owner is reactive to fans like Moshiri was. New regimes like to make their mark with their own people. Dyche has some money in the bank through steadying the ship. If he keeps away from the relegation zone (we will be rock bottom for a few weeks now though) then they’ll give him to the new stadium and then whatever. Always interesting to see the oscillation between pragmatic and idealist managers, it’s been a continual loop with Everton for ten years now.

He's definitely being jibbed at the first opportunity.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back